Cyst On Scalp

Has anyone got one or had one, I’ve got one ,it’s tight and oh so sore, I think it either needs lancing or draining.

I think it’s infected…I’m hoping the practitioner nurse will be able to do something with it…

John had a cyst on the top of his head and he had it lanced. It was full of pus, he had to have a stitch or two but it was done by the doctor at the surgery and no need for hospital. He didn’t seem to be in much pain so try not to worry and go get it seen to.

Definitely get it looked at. Not worth risking if it is infected.
Certainly the nurse practitioner will be able to advise. :+1:

1 Like

I had one on my eyelid so had the hospital remove it . didn’t feel a thing while it was removed and only took a short time , well worth having done

1 Like

Pauline your local urgent care centre should be able to help. Hopefully you have one near you.

1 Like

I have three on my scalp. Beginning to show through my hair now but does not worry me. Makes me 12mm taller. I had a couple removed several years ago. It runs in our family.

1 Like

I had a large Cyst recently under my armpit, it was very painful, its only just going down now. My GP squeezed it all out, then I had two lots of Antibiotics.

1 Like

Well done Annie, why didn’t I think of that…excellent, I’ll be ringing 101 or is it 111 ?

It’s so sore this morning, I’ve a job brushing my hair,:weary:

I’ll see what they say, :+1:

Thanks everyone, I shall dial one of those numbers, I don’t think it’s an emergency though, so will listen to what they say when I ring, it’s extremely sore, it can wait until tomorrow,I will tell them, I don’t want to exaggerate the situation…and let a real emergency be seen.:+1:

I’ve had one removed as well, years ago…

I was hoping you had an urgent care centre close to you with walk in facilities so that someone could have a look and see whether it can be lanced on the spot. It’s midway between the GP and A&E a bit like a minor injury unit. Not sure how these walk in places have been affected by the pandemic but you used to just be able to walk in and wait to be seen.

We have an emergency centre here,it’s about 7 miles away, you have to dial 101 to get referred to them, I had to do that a few weeks back…was sent to them straight away and was seen straight away…I had to drive there though, which I just about managed to do.

You can’t just walk in…you have to be referred.

Ah ok that’s a change from pre-covid then. They used to have walk in non urgent places. If you called 111 they would triage you to be seen faster if you had something more pressing. E.g. when I had an allergic reaction to being bitten by blackfly. But other people could just walk in sit and wait.

I keep getting this 111 and 101 number a darn nuisance…I keep phoning the police,:rofl:

You’ll end up in the news headlines Pauline - “woman phones police about cyst on scalp” :smiley:

1 Like