Cyclists and pedestrians beware

The photo was just a generic one I used LongDriver but I could show you some dashcam of the M1 any time of day and there will be convoy’s of lorries from Leeds down to London. And as a retired courier who spent the last twenty years of my life on the road It would be a safe bet that all the other motorways are the same, and even worse than when I was hurtling down them…
Why isn’t rail transport a priority? HS2 seems to be…Why don’t they use the billions of £’s that they are sending to Ukraine? We simply can’t afford such extravagance.

So LD dont we import tomato’s from the EU?

How will they get around roundabouts ?

1 Like

The longer ones sometimes have rear wheel steering for tight manoeuvres.

I’ve no idea as I always buy local produce locally from farm shops.

There are growers all the way from Lagness to Barnham and Pagham plus Chichester to Selsey, and West Wittering, as much of the area is agricultural land.

1 Like

might you be surprised to learn that we import almost £500,000,000 worth of tomato’s annually, and we only grow a fifth of our tomato consumption?

1 Like

That number would give me the pip :wink:

Even so the flat bed has to get around too .
We have a lot of lorries coming up what was once a quiet narrow country lane They are too wide and do terrible damage to the verges and edge of road .

as i say Muddy they should be limited to motorways, even that will give them problems, if you come off the motorway in Doncaster the roundabout is quite tight, way to tight for one of these to turn…

then when they come off the mototway how are we supposed to overtake them on our highways

1 Like

Lets face it, it’s a sackless idea. But it’s what you’d expect from an Eton and Oxbridge government who don’t have a clue…

Tomatoes are proving to be a sticking point in the Australia/EU FTA negotiations.

With extreme caution and awareness just as we do now with long and wide vehicles.

You can blame sat nav for those incursions.