Cryptic Films

Thank you, Amac. To be honest, I have never left the thread but was beginning to think my mind didn’t work the same as that of regular contributors as it was mostly double Dutch to me. However …

Acorn tree, the French Mr Simpson.

LT, I was trying unsuccessfully to think of a clue for Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago but I think you might have got there before me ;-):-).

That didn’t take long! Over to you …

Thanks LT - I must admit I thought Watership Down would last a bit longer…

Next clue:

Hope and King and Ray and Springs.

Bob,Carol,Ted and Alice

Will gets on live production.

Spot on Arena ;-):smiley:

Struggling with this one apart from suspecting there’s an anagram in there somewhere Arena :confused:

I think we might all need a clue :102:

Who might Will be?

I assumed it was Shakespeare but that just got me a dead end…

Dong! :blush::blush: - just realised the anagram is “on live” not just live or the whole phrase…

Shakespeare in Love.

Pretty sure that’s right so I’ll post a new clue:

Greystoke asks his mate to check if Quint has killed the shark.

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

No, not that one I’m afraid Arena.

That’s a great clue Amac but very difficult, howz about a little help…pretty please…:slight_smile:

Hi Cherie:039:. Arena was starting on the right path - you need to know a bit about two well known films before putting that together to guess the third film (i.e the answer)

To get this one you need to work out the name of a person and a place. Arena got the person’s name right but then picked the wrong one of only two films I know with this name in the title…

The clue was:

Greystoke asks his mate to check if Quint has killed the shark.

Can I join in and suggest Calamity Jane, which, if correct, includes an iffy pun!

Your spot on Devo :023:, Welcome to the thread :039:

Was the pun that iffy?

It’s over to you…

Talking oF slightly iffy puns…

!!!DELETE IMMINENT!!!

Apocalypse Now