Cricket World Cup 2023

Another shocker from England……still two games to endure!

I haven’t followed any of the cricket world cup as I was more interested in the rugby - and seems I haven’t missed much. They must get very match weary as it is the same team as has been playing in summer. I think they really need two first class sides for one day matches and for tests but they seem to have lapsed back to the same basic players for all matches!

1 Like

Australia’s score was nothing to write home about. But it seems with England, they are unable to chase even moderate scores.

1 Like

Totally devoid of confidence……But we did win the European T10 Championship….with three Welshman in the team.
The ECB need to think about England players not playing county 50 over cricket.
We have to defend the T20 title next year.
They don’t play county T20 either.

Finally a great game.
Afghanistan should never have lost to Australia but a double century from Glenn Maxwell,by the end of which he could barely move, turned the game.
An incredible knock.

And so to today.
England may have failed to make the knockout stages but qualification for the Champions Trophy-an unnecessary tournament to me-is at stake.
Can they beat the Netherlands?
Not confident!

1 Like

I’m with you on both comments @Furryanimal. At the moment I’m watching England with apprehension, especially as Buttler has just come in to bat …

And he didn’t last long!
Not over confident with how things are going!

1 Like

England finish on 339 for 9 against the Dutch.
Will that be enough?
Much better than looked likely thanks to a Ben Stokes century.

1 Like

England win easily…too little too late.

At last! It was mostly down to the rhyming duo Stokes and Woakes.

1 Like

So England managed to qualify for the Champions trophy.
Which is supposed to be a 50 over competition.
But TMS suggested the TV companies are pushing the ICC to turn it into a T20 tournament.
Way to kill a format!

1 Like

Semi final Day

India 397-4
Hope NZ make a fist of it

India in the final.
Who will join them?
SA win toss and bat
Australia 1 Travis Head, 2 David Warner, 3 Mitchell Marsh, 4 Steven Smith, 5 Marnus Labuschagne, 6 Josh Inglis (wk), 7 Glenn Maxwell, 8 Pat Cummins (capt), 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Adam Zampa, 11 Josh Hazlewood

South Africa 1 Quinton de Kock (wk), 2 Temba Bavuma (capt), 3 Rassie van der Dussen, 4 Aiden Markram, 5 Heinrich Klaasen, 6 David Miller, 7 Marco Jansen, 8 Keshav Maharaj, 9 Gerald Coetzee, 10 Kagiso Rabada, 11 Tabraiz Shamsi

Marnus Labuschagne the Glamorgan connection.

The Final is live on Channel 5 here in the UK for those who do not have Sky.

World Cup Final…Australia v India

Australia won the toss and invited India to bat.

Australia: 1 Travis Head, 2 David Warner, 3 Mitch Marsh, 4 Steven Smith, 5 Marnus Labuschagne, 6 Glenn Maxwell, 7 Josh Inglis (wk), 8 Mitchell Starc, 9 Pat Cummins (capt), 10 Adam Zampa, 11 Josh Hazlewood

India: 1 Rohit Sharma (capt), 2 Shubman Gill, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 Shreyas Iyer, 5 KL Rahul (wk), 6 Suryakumar Yadav, 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 Mohammed Shami, 9 Jasprit Bumrah, 10 Kuldeep Yadav, 11 Mohammed Siraj.

Glamorgan interest…Marnus Labuschagne and Shubman Gill
Live on Channel 5(FTA):Sky Sports Cricket and 5sports extra radio in the UK.

1 Like

Australia need 241 to win.
India 240 all out(50)

Metro
Australia produced a brilliant display with bat and ball to claim their sixth Cricket World Cup title against hosts India, with Travis Head’s devastating century silencing an expectant crowd in Ahmedabad.

India had won 10 matches in a row at the tournament, including a dominant group-stage victory over the Aussies, and were heavy favourites going into Sunday’s showpiece only to be bowled out for 240.

ya can never trust the ozzies heh??

1 Like
1 Like