Create a Book Called "My Life Story"

Wandered into a Charity shop, today, and spotted a Blank Book called “My Life Story”, for 3 pounds!

(see attachment)

A sudden rush of enthusiasm and I spent this massive amount.

I thought it would be useful to write a life story for all of my off springs, etc.

Now I’m sitting here, looking at this lovely, empty, book, and thinking "That’s a bit arrogant, Who would want to read it.

Should I chuck it away, or give it a go?

A waste of 3 quid?

Anyone advise?

1 Like

Do it, Ted. fill it in! Doesn’t have to be anything so dramatic…but my gosh, I would have LOVED it if my relatives had done something like this. I was too young at the time to ask them questions about their life, but if they had done something like this I would have loved it. Even the mundane details can be fascinating!

Did you know that in America, there are people who find old diaries on Ebay, just to know what people were like “back in the day”.

Go for it :smiley:

Thank you, Pixie!

You make it sound worth a go!

:-p

Go for it, do it. Your future relatives will have fun reading about your life in this time. Specially if they don’t remember Covid 19.

I think it sounds like a brilliant idea Ted. There are lots of things I would liked to have asked my grandparents about their lives but sadly it is now too late.

Is it just a load of blank pages or are there prompts/ headings?

Just do it :wink:

yes do it Ted! I am still not finished but I am up to page 33 so far. I do wish I had the same kind of thing from my grandparents!

Three quid for a blank book. ???
How many pages ?
I’ll say no more !

Donkeyman!

Ted, l am not sure why you can’t decide whether to do it or not?
Just start scribbling your memories down on paper, or record them. Then transfer them into your book.
I have kept a diary from since l was a teenager, so if it were me, l would have something to refer to, as it happened.

So get scribbling pdq, the top shelf in book shops needs spicing up!! :lol:

Thanks Art!

I’m told that page 1 is always the hardest!

“Once upon a time… “

:smiley:

They are all unwritten pages, LD.

Lined, headers, etc, all there, just waiting to be written upon (by hand!).

…there were Two Bares.

Mummy Bare, Daddy Bare, Baby bear soon followed…!

:twisted:

There you go Ted, that wasn’t difficult was it? :lol:

I allready Have ‘a book of My Life’…I’ve been writing My Memoirs for quite a few Years now…I type a few pages then copy them…I have quite a big number of pages written and put into a file called.‘Mays Life’…now My Children/Grandchildren/Grt Grandchildren may want to read it when I’m gone,or,it’ll just be dumped…who knows…all I know is…I would love to have known more about My Mum and Dads Life when They were Young…I’m still of course writing and I will as long as I’m able…Amen.:wink:

I’m sure the British Library have a section for people’s life stories - just a snapshot of current life for future generations. I think its a lovely idea.