Covid: Stevie Nicks cancels US performances to 'keep healthy'

Singer Stevie Nicks has cancelled all of her gigs for the rest of the year due to rising Covid cases in the US.

America is currently averaging more than 100,000 new cases a day for the first time since February, due to the Delta variant of the virus.

The 73-year-old Fleetwood Mac and solo star had been due to perform at events in Colorado, California and Texas.

In a statement, she said:

“My primary goal is to keep healthy so I can continue singing for the next decade or longer. These are challenging times with challenging decisions that have to be made. I want everyone to be safe and healthy and the rising Covid cases should be of concern to all of us. While I’m vaccinated, at my age, I am still being extremely cautious and for that reason have decided to skip the five performances I had planned for 2021. Because singing and performing have been my whole life, my primary goal is to keep healthy so I can continue singing for the next decade or longer. I’m devastated and I know the fans are disappointed, but we will look towards a brighter 2022.”

Her cancelled concerts include appearances at the Austin City Limits Music and BottleRock Napa Valley festivals.

I think that’s wise of Stevie … :+1:

As we know, the lovely Stevie abused her body with drugs for decades, so it’s amazing that she’s still alive. More than most, she’s aware of the fragilty of life and her own mortality.

From the good ol’ days:

:dark_sunglasses:

2 Likes