Covid infections jump by half a million in UK, says ONS

But folks will be huddled into cosy rooms!!

Our local hospital trust hasn’t stopped asking people to wear masks and hand sanitise since it came into force.

1 Like

Good thinking … my masks are out again, regardless of local conditions … :+1:

1 Like

Sadly after dodging the bugger all this time I managed to contract Covid this week this is my fourth day after a positive test and to be fair I once had pneumonia which was far worse than I’ve been so far … hopefully it gets no worse and clears up quickly

I hope you feel better very soon.

I have never stopped wearing my masks in shops and on public transport - and sanitising my hands.

3 Likes

As you can immigine this little seaside town is bursting to full with holidaymakers and the supermarkets jostling, I still wear a mask though yet I don’t see many wearing them , it’s as though covid has gone completely.

Since mask wearing I’ve only had 1 cold and that was recently when I went to stay with friends in North Wales and didn’t use a mask , came back with a 10 day head cold

2 Likes

Are you going to wear a mask for the rest of your life Susan?

I realise you are asking Susan and not me, but I will be wearing one for the foreseeable future. It’s actually becoming more common again now.

3 Likes

We are the same.And have got some abuse for doing it, usually from older people surprisingly.

1 Like

I suppose it depends on how long you want your life to be.

2 Likes

Your choice entirely Pixie but covid is now so mild that it hardly seems worth it.

I had it in June and my worst symptom was tiredness for a few days and a dry throat. My husband was the same and he just carried on working. my daughter and her partner hardly knew they had it. We all had the 3 jabs. My son refused the jabs altogether and he caught it from us and he just had a sore throat and cough but all over in less than a week.

1 Like

For the foreseeable future especially when surrounded by people . Some don’t suffer with covid and some really do , my friend is exceptionally poorly and been jabbed 4 times .

2 Likes

That’s exactly why I am still wearing a mask, FP. This virus is so unpredictable that nobody knows how each person will react should they be unfortunate enough to get it. I’d rather not have to be in a position to wonder (or worry). I’m glad you and your family got through it though :+1:

2 Likes

If I have a cough or cold I’ll wear a mask as a matter of courtesy, I’m really not hung up over the COVID situation for now.
I’ve been carrying sanitiser for years. I don’t drive but I’m quite a regular user of trains, anyone who’s used a toilet on public transport will probably get the picture.

1 Like

When people are extremely poorly after the jabs it makes you wonder whether it’s worth even having them.

A lot of people are having very extreme reactions to the jabs too and too many people have died from them.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathscausedbythecovid19vaccineuptojanuary2022

Deaths caused by the COVID-19 vaccine up to January 2022

Our data is derived from the death certificate, using information received at the point of death registration. For the vaccine to be mentioned on the death certificate the medical professional certifying the death must have believed, to the best of their knowledge, that the vaccine was part of the events that led to the death. Deaths reported as due to or involving the COVID-19 vaccination are recorded using ICD-10 code U12.9.

We report deaths attributed to adverse reaction to the COVID-19 vaccination monthly within our Monthly Mortality Analysis. The latest data available is December 2021.

There are currently 15 deaths registered in England and Wales with the aligning ICD codes for this, 10 of these deaths have ICD-10 U12.9 as the underlying cause.

However, please note that these are deaths across all age groups since the rollout of the vaccination in December 2020 and there are no deaths registered under the age of 35.

How many deaths have the vaccines caused?

The UK does report data on the number of deaths that were due to the Covid vaccines. According to the Office for National Statistics, there were 27 of these deaths in England and none in Wales registered up to the end of April 2022. There were a further 9 in Scotland up to the end of May 2022, according to the National Records of Scotland. And another 1 in Northern Ireland up to the end of March 2022, according to the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency. It is possible that the UK total may rise, if there’s been a delay in registering some deaths due to the vaccines.

The MHRA has recorded 81 deaths from a type of blood clot that it has said may be linked with the AstraZeneca vaccine, but we can’t say how many of these were caused by the vaccine. Death certificates are the best source of data on deaths by cause.

In contrast, by April 2022, more than 140 million doses of the Covid vaccines had been administered in the UK.

The UK Health Security Agency estimated that the vaccination programme prevented more than 90,000 deaths in England alone, up to mid-August 2021.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

My husband andi tested positive for covid 3 weeks ago today.
We have constantly worn masks,sanitised hands ect.
We get the strangest looks when wearing masks from the numptys that think coveds gone away.
Where we got it from God alone knows,but we have never felt so ill.the symptons seem to be lasting forever,headache/sore throat/fever/cant taste anything at all,not even my cup of tea first thing in the morning, and aches like we have never known before.
I took another test last wednesday and it was negative,again i still have the same symptons…
It really does feel flu like,which i had many years ago,i could not get out of bed then,and its pretty much the same symptons as covid.
stay safe all,this is here to stay for a good long time imo.

3 Likes

I’ve never stopped wearing a mask anywhere in enclosed/public places and still managed to contract the bugger

That’s coz the mask sort of stopped you infecting other folks so, in a small way, prevented a larger infection curve, the mask will not stop you becoming infected if you get too close to an infected person, you still need to maintain space, regardless of a face covering.