Covid, have you had it yet?

OTOH, some of those counted as death from other causes may have had the virus.

1 Like

As a reminder, one method of calculation highlighted two significant peaks:

Another way of looking at the figures:

Whatever methodology is used, the figures will show that, during the COVID pandemic, thousands more people in the UK died than would have died without a pandemic.

1 Like

We’ve had all our jabs. I didn’t think much about it until I had a tearful phone call from my SIL in November. I knew his health had not been good for a long time but was upset to hear he’d died from Covid. He was 74. They live in a high Covid area and the rest of the family had it. Fortunately they all recovered. Sadly due to the distance, my health at the time and as I am classed as vulnerable I couldn’t go to the funeral.

Fortunately I don’t know anyone else who succumbed

@d00d , “is infecting others a bad thing”
I think no dOOdy ?
But then what is the point in the vaccine for all ?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Mr M and I have stayed clear of Covid, thank goodness.

Our Grandson caught it last July and shut himself away in his bedroom for a couple of weeks as our Daughter is classed as vulnerable.

Our Son-in-Law caught it at the beginning of October and our Daughter also caught it two days later, SIL is now clear but Daughter is still positive.

We have orders to stay well clear of them for the time being.

We are fully vaccinated thank goodness.

1 Like

No,I haven’t had it…some of My Family have had a mild doze,others like Me haven’t had it at all…We’ve ALL been vaccinated.

I had it about 2 months ago felt rough for about 4 days, one of those day i could not swallow for the pain in my throat so I did not eat or drank anything on that day.

Had my 5 jab 2 days ago.

We have not caught it ( yet )
My ex husband and his partner both died .
My neighbour ( aged 45 ) died
I know three other people who have died .
Those who make little of covid are wrong it kills .

4 Likes

I’ve not had covid .
Although I have been extremely careful still carrying out hands face , space & continuing to clean anything I buy with anti-bacterial wipes .
My sister is recovering from covid .
Sadly my aunt caught and died from covid .
It’s a terrible virus.

1 Like

Nope,
My son still has it although I tested negative this morning.
We’ll just have to see what tomorrow brings.

1 Like

No Ive not had it , wash my hands when i return from shops , where a face mask on public transport.
I even wore a mask at the Theatre,
My son had it twice,my daughter and her family had it .

I got my third booster yesterday as well as the 'Flu jab. No problens.

Blimey!
Just tested positive, that’s both of us now!
A sore throat and cough at this point.

2 Likes

I hope it won’t be too bad for you and you’ll feel better soon, Chilli …

2 Likes

Had it a couple of months ago. Not too bad, which was good news. Hope yours doesn’t evolve any further Chilli. You’ve got some fake fireworks to cobble together.

2 Likes

Thank you Mags!

I’ve had a bit of a cough for a couple of days and yet only tested positive this morning.
We have plenty of back up supplies and just ordered a delivery from Iceland to be on the safe side :+1:

Cheers Dex!
I think I’ll stick with the paper chains for now.
Covid and powder burns are probably not a good combination :wink:

1 Like

Aha, we’ve only just discovered that 60+ year olds get a (10% ?) discount from Iceland on Tuesdays. Some of you may know this already, but worth mentioning anyway. Back to topic.

1 Like

Snorting sulphur might actually be a cure. Don’t recall anyone trying it out yet. Worth a punt? If it works then you’d be up for getting a nobel prize. If it doesn’t, then we’ll throw some paper chains on your coffin as you descend.

1 Like

How very reassuring :rofl:

1 Like