Covid booster being offered to over 50s this Autumn

Normal, rational people can make up their own minds whether they want any more vaccine or not.
What annoys me more than anything, is the way we are constantly bullied over it.

I tried it, but my body couldn’t handle it.
End of.

1 Like

Ah, the wonderfully unbiased BBC at it again!

1 Like

In case you were wondering…

Reports from the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System. Our default data reflects all VAERS data including the “nondomestic” reports.

I wasn’t wondering, thanks.
I’m more interested in the OPs opening article.

I’ll be going for mine when I’m invited to.

1 Like

https://www.science.org/content/article/antivaccine-activists-use-government-database-side-effects-scare-public

On 5 May, Fox News host Tucker Carlson delivered a 10-minute monologue casting doubt on the safety of COVID-19 vaccines on his show, Tucker Carlson Tonight. He announced that almost 4000 people had died after getting COVID-19 vaccines, and added that those data “comes from VAERS,”—the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, a U.S. government program that collects reports of side effects possibly caused by vaccines.

It was a misleading statement. The reporting of a death to VAERS indicates nothing about what caused it, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) subsequent investigations have found no indication that deaths were caused by COVID-19 vaccines, save in a small subset with an extremely rare clotting disorder linked to one vaccine. But the TV segment pulled VAERS, a 31-year-old early warning system widely relied on by scientists, even deeper into the culture wars over vaccination. After the broadcast, a new phalanx of antivaccine activists began plumbing VAERS for data to scare the public about vaccination.

• Results may have been influenced by biases including different vaccination policies in each region examined, and publicity on events of myocarditis and pericarditis following mRNA vaccines.
  • The study relied on outputs from spontaneous reporting systems in which the level of detail differed between the systems examined; furthermore, it is not possible to estimate incidence rates using spontaneous reports due to the lack of data on the exposed population, and there is no unvaccinated comparison group.

You have the advantage Omah, because the establishment close anything down that might show the vaccines in a bad light. That in itself is very suspicious don’t you think?

AFAIK, neither of your sources has been closed down.

I did spend some time reading the BMJ article - what I gleaned from it was that the reported incidence of myocarditis or pericarditis is very rare following some Covid19 vaccinations - there is no evidence it is directly linked (people can have episodes of either of these inflammations due to other causes too, even due to a common cold.)
I also noticed that the incidents reported were mostly young men and hardly any incidents were reported in the older population.

My conclusion was that the article was irrelevant to me - and probably not relevant to the health of most folk on an over 50s website - the topic was about the “Covid Booster being offered to the Over 50s this Autumn”
That headline about myocarditis/pericarditis suggesting there is a link, appearing on a website for older people is a bit scaremongering, in my opinion.

If people do not want to have a vaccination themselves, I totally respect their right not to - but I do object to folk trying to scare other people off having them.

5 Likes

Hi

I came out of Hospital today, an Isolation Room, they where queuing up to get it.

Three beds in one bay filled with new Covid.

Yes, they all had medical issues, but survivable except for Covid.

So, so, glad to be home and minimal risk of infection now.

2 Likes

Good.Don’t go back! :grinning:

@swimfeeders
Glad to hear you are out of hospital and back home again, Swimmy
Wishing you all the Best. :kissing_heart:

Same from me :+1:

About 26 million people in total will be eligible for the booster jab.

The new bivalent vaccine from Moderna will be used “subject to sufficient supply”, NHS England says.

The original vaccines continue to provide good protection and people are being urged to take the one offered.

Booking can be made online and by phoning 119, and the NHS will contact you when it is your turn to book.

Some people will be offered a flu vaccine and Covid booster jab at the same time, and thousands of local GP practices and community pharmacies will be ready to give them out.

There should be a three-month gap between the date of the autumn booster and any previous Covid jab.

Gimme dat jab … :syringe:

2 Likes

Our Covid booster and Flu vaccinations are now booked for 24th September’22.

The sooner the better to face this coming winter! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Booked Flu 27/9, COVID 28/9 … :+1:

1 Like

Had Covid and Flu jabs this morning.

No queuing to go in, seen straight away and out again in a couple of minutes.

No soreness or any reactions so far. :slightly_smiling_face:

I had the Moderna booster on Thursday. I am pretty sure it was responsible for making me keep taking to my bed yesterday, adding leg pains to the mix.
However I do feel better this morning.

1 Like

I get my covid booster on the 29th. I had my flu one about 4 weeks ago.

I had my flu jab on Tuesday and my COVID booster yesterday.

The booster was Moderna and this morning I’ve woken up with a headache and a sore arm - common reactions, apparently … :worried: