Covid after effects

Susan, hope you feel better soon. Hugs.

1 Like

My daughter still cannot smell anything after having Covid, not particularly badly, two years ago.

1 Like

Awful isn’t it Helen…my hubby also lost his sense of smell after covid

2 Likes

Yes, silver linings and all that, could spell the end for the “Silent but Deadly” :laughing:

I have lost my sense of smell and am hoping I get it back , its now quite poor and of course affects my taste buds . I’m still hand washing and in busy places wearing a mask . I am hearing many are catching covid again so just be aware everyone , its a nasty virus . Take care

2 Likes

Yes, a lot of folks are blissfully ignorant.

I didn’t realise that the loss of smell continued after the other symptoms disappeared.

Yes just this week I’ve heard of new cases, I wonder if people have got blasé about it and have stopped the rigorous hand washing.

I also know of people attending hospital on a regular basis more than two years after having covid. A couple have auto immune disease from it which affects the liver,other organs and causes skin problems and of course terrible lethargy. Several have been unable to return to work and probably never will, these are people in their 40s and 50s, not the elderly.