COVID-19 - UK: ONS Reports - 31 January 2023 - 1m Positive

@Omah , Old age is the biggest killer worldwide ! No doubt about it !
Do you think we should have vaccine against it ?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Watched a Youtube about Boston Scientists messing about with the covid essence, it’s not good if it escapes the lab, don’t go near anyone just incase, we need to survive as a species.

Be frightened, it’s Ok, it may help with the survival stuff.

Infections went down in Wales, up in Scotland and Northern Ireland and stayed roughly the same in England in the week ending 17 October.

About two million people in the UK were infected with coronavirus that week, equivalent to one in 30 people - which is similar to estimates from the week before.

The UK Health Security Agency has officially named two new Omicron variants currently circulating in England as BQ.1 and XBB.

Neither has yet been called a ‘variant of concern’ and health officials say vaccines are still the best defence against future waves of Covid-19.

According to the ONS, Covid infections were highest in people aged 50 and over, and there was a rise in infections in secondary school age children.

In the UK nations, Covid infected:

• one in 30 people in England
  • one in 35 in Wales
  • one in 35 in Northern Ireland
  • one in 35 in Scotland

Its good news that they aren’t expecting a covid surge this season.

1 Like

They may be not but, what about us?

I’m more worried about electricity cuts than covid. I’m not even sure whether to have a covid jab.

Just worry about everything, that’s what keeps yer safe :icon_wink:

1 Like

The vaccine doses data dates back to Jan 2021.

How do you know that … :017:

ETA On the right (above) I have posted the figures for a fortnight ago for a comparison.

You can check the underlying data table yourself. They have only vaccinated 1m since march.

Where is the chart from - have you a link?

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations?areaType=nation&areaName=England

Data is pointless if it doesn’t show how many are vaccinated and still get covid. So yet another complete waste of public money and government jobs for the useless
Proper checks should be
1 people vaccinated and get covid
2 people vaccinated and don’t get covid
3 unvaccinated people who get covid

Otherwise a completely waste of time.

2 Likes

Looking at the charts and data, it seems to me that discrepancies arise when Scotland is included/not included … :man_shrugging:

COVID vaccinations don’t necessarily prevent infection but they do help protect against severe illness, hospitalization and death.

How does that make any difference?

About 5,000,000.

My point was that the bulk of the vaccinations have not been delivered in the recent past but the majority (tens of millions) in 2021 during the big vaccine effort. I’m pretty sure that will also be the case for Scotland. I doubt they have delivered any significant % of the total since Spring 2022 - happy to be proven wrong if you have the data… :sunglasses: