Covid-19: Time to Re-assess the Masks We Wear?

There was an interesting article yesterday saying that people in the USA were rethinking the type of masks they wear in the face of the more transmissible Omicron variant and were turning to N95 masks rather than the cloth masks that most of us have been wearing to date.

Have you been thinking along these lines? Will you be getting N95 masks in future?

I think the cost of N95 masks will be prohibitive for many who are already facing a severe strain on their disposable income and to be honst I wear the same masks albeit black that they wear in hospitals etc which I buy for a tenner per 100.

N95, T26, W13, none of this matters when a not insignificant group of folks insist on the invisible type.

1 Like

People are pretty good up here in Scotland when it comes to mask wearing but of course this has been the rule for far longer than it has in England. I have noticed though that it seems to be mainly the young who do not wear masks for some reason.

It seems to be an example thing, our local shop owners are great, and very inoffensive, as such, I assume they and the staff don’t wear masks because they won’t have to feel compelled to enforce it on any none compliant folks who enter, so, this thread is very valid, the previous masks protected others say by 80% and yourself by say 20%, the less folks that wear the crap masks means the dedicated mask wearers need to up their personal protection, so, it is now worth looking into.

I wear medical grade masks supplied by work

1 Like