Covid-19: Omicron sub variants driving new wave of infections in UK

@PixieKnuckles , Aw shucks, are you really ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

:hugs:

I am.

1 Like

That aspirin thinned your blood by decreasing the amount of (sticky) platelets and as such made your circulatory system less prone to clots.
I’ve been taking 1/2 aspirin (150mg) every day since I was smitten by several TIA’s that cost me my job at 60. That was 19 yrs ago and I’ve been clot free ever since👍

1 Like

Well I have a staff member off sick at the moment. She was in hospital last week. So a) that’s a strain on the NHS, b) I am unsure when she will be able to come back to work so that puts the team under more stress as I have less support, c) she hasn’t been in touch since last week and I hope she is ok but assume she could have some longer term illness as she has some underlying health issues. d) she has childcare and carer responsibilities so that will be compromised and her partner will be under more pressure. e) her family is at risk including her mother who is long term unwell & is looked after by her, leading to more stress on the NHS. Just one person sick but a much larger no. affected.

1 Like

@AnnieS , Exactly why we should convalesce at home Annie ??
To save all that disruption !
Your personal issues because a worker of yours is sick are irrelavent !
I am sure you will survive ?
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I was with an NHS worker this very afternoon, and I asked her if she’d had Covid.
She has all her vaccines like a good girl - and still had Covid TWICE.

Being vaccinated is no guarantee you won’t get Covid.
However being up to date with your jabs may well prevent the worst effects of Covid

1 Like

same thing is happening all over the country. People off sick with covid at hospitals mean that patients aren’t being treated. Went to the vet tonight, reception was telling patients they would have to rebook as one partner has tested positive. There’s a significant wave that is affecting the economy and NHS.

1 Like

Donkeyman, feeling shit is shit, don’t matter if you feel real shit, if you die, this fungus could induce this feeling multiple times per year, who want’s to live like that?

@spitfire , You been eating magic mushrooms spitty
Me non comprendez ??
Donkeyman! :+1::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::+1:

DM, this is my Swansong. :icon_wink: :sob:

What I find alarming is that it’s claimed this new variant can reinfect you within weeks.

Oh, and I had covid in June (at least I’m pretty sure it was) and it is a little more than just having a cold. I ended up in bed for a few days as I felt knackered.

how did knackered feel? [being in bed with ya like]

Summary

1. The latest data on Covid infections from the Office of National Statistics show cases are continuing to rise across the UK
  2. One in 19 people in England had Covid in the week ending 6 July, up from up from one in 25 the week before
  3. In Wales the rate is now one in 17, up from one in 20
  4. Two sub-variants of Omicron - called BA.4 and BA.5 - are driving new infections. Jabs are still offering strong protection against severe illness
  5. But rising Covid admissions, combined with staff sickness and the heatwave, are putting increasing strain on the NHS
  6. Nearly three million adults in England have still not come forward for a Covid vaccine, ONS data reveals
  7. Meanwhile a new fast-spreading variant BA.2.75 has been detected in India, UK, US, Australia, Germany and Canada

That isn’t what is driving the surge.

“… the immunity from our vaccines is waning, …”

The wisest observation I’ve heard, for months!

1 Like

So, we’re going to be offered another jab in the Autumn, will you have it?

I’ll be straight up there as soon as I’m offered it

1 Like

Variants of the Common Cold emerge every year. Same with flu.
Despite the existence of vaccines for Covid, people still catch it.
As with the flu, most people who catch it recover through their bodies’ natural defences.
We shall have to live with it.

No jabs had! That’s the way it stays, for me. They don’t stop testing whether or not the vaccine kills people until November of next year.