COVID-19 - Omicron: 247,000 confirmed cases of the variant now reported across the UK

49 people died with covid or tested positive for covid in the last 28 days

Meanwhile 450 people a day are dying from cancer.

Here’s one to ponder over the festive period…
We all know that Boris, Whitty, and the rest of the establishment (at least those who are allowed to speak) by hook or by crook want everyone to have the vaccines. In fact, all over the world they are offering money, half an hour with a prostitute, entry into a special lottery, and all manner of food. Also they are making it a legal requirement to be vaccinated or to lose your job or be fined in some countries…WHY?

What’s in those vaccines that they want you to have so badly? If you think it’s to prevent deaths or for the good of your health you need to think again. Let’s assume that it is a benefit to your health and those around you, why didn’t they do this with the flu vaccine? If you add up all the people over the years that died of flu or flu related illness, in the same way that they are snowballing the figures with covid, you won’t be far out with the same amount. There are many more illnesses just as bad as covid, or even worse, but never in human history have they been treated in the same way by pushing the vaccines with such vigour.

And now we have Omicron, no worse than a bad cold for the majority of people, even the scientists admit this. What if omicron is a bad cold, the hospital are usually packed to the rafters at this time of year with older folk who are struggling to survive the winter. And there is going to be a hell of a lot more who can’t afford their heating bills this year. Wouldn’t the money spent on advertising the vaccine, or even the vaccine, be better spent on subsidising the energy costs for the elderly. £200 gift from the government won’t even scratch the surface for some. That’s what I call looking after their health!

And finally (thank God I hear you say) it has been reported that the mortality rate is low this year despite the infection rates being high and hospital admissions with covid are low, so who are occupying the beds in hospitals? Our local hospital is on divert, they can’t admit anymore patients, as are many other hospitals, so who exactly are occupying the beds?

There are more holes in the governments explanations than Titanic, I just can’t believe that more people haven’t arrived at the same conclusion yet. The power of the media…

Meanwhile, all of the attention seems to have been switched away, almost totally, from who put this virus out in the World, in the first place, and who might still be manipulating it.

Whilst we, just the ordinary members of the public, continue to blame Government, other people’s lack of this or that, the “accidental leakers” simply carry on.

That’s still my favourite conspiracy theory - maybe I’m wrong!

1 Like

OGF They offer these things to convince the covid anti vax dumbos,
BTW where are you getting all the rubbish you are posting ( half an hour with a prostitute indeed )

actually that is true. It’s what happened in Vienna - free entry to (legal) brothels if you have the vaccine

1 Like

Oh, the advertising slogans I’m envisioning now are making me laugh…:flushed:

Jab with Joy!

I have more but I’d get into trouble :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Well not quite .
Entrance to the Brothel / or its fitness facility .

Dr Chris Jones said an additional 12,000 Covid cases were reported in Wales over Christmas.

The rate has risen to a record 1,004 in every 100,000 people.

“Our case rates were high before this Omicron wave started and our hospitals are already full as they try to deliver all the healthcare that’s stacked up over the past year,” Dr Jones said.

Royal College of Nursing director in Wales Helen Whyley said rising cases in the community also meant rising cases among the workforce.

Every time I see people dismiss the Covid Omicron variant as not worth worrying about - “just like a bad cold” for most people without other underlying health conditions, then compare it to all the people with more serious illnesses, such as cancer, I can’t help thinking they are missing something very obvious.
All those other hospital patients with cancer, heart conditions and other serious illnesses also need staff to administer the treatment and care they need - that is another reason why people should be doing their best to reduce the risk of catching and spreading Covid.

As it is the people who already have other health issues who are most vulnerable, it makes sense for the NHS medical staff who are caring for patients not to go into work if they test Covid postive because that would be risking them transmitting the virus to people who are already ill and vulnerable.
If nothing is done to stem the transmission of Omicron which, though generally seems so far to be less pathogenic, is more easily transmitted, then it stands to reason that more vulnerable people will catch it and, more to the point, more NHS staff will catch it, resulting in more days of staff absences due to self-isolation after positive Covid tests.

At this time of year, when the NHS always struggles with extra demand, it is not just the increase in hospital admissions due to Covid or “with Covid” that is the problem, it is the shortage of staff to care for and treat all patients that is the big worrying issue.

The last NHS staff absences Report showed that 43 per cent of NHS staff absences in London were currently because of Covid, compared to about 16 per cent before the Omicron coronavirus variant first appeared at the end of November.
According to the most recent official data, on December 19 the number of staff absences within NHS acute trusts in England related to Covid-19 stood at 18,829, a rise of roughly 50 per cent in the course of a week.

It seems only common sense to take as many measures as we reasonably can to slow down the spread of this highly transmissible strain to reduce the rates of infection throughout the community, both to reduce numbers of infections and numbers of staff absences during a period when demand for hospital care is usually at its highest peak of the year.

6 Likes

The way I see it Boot the reason for lack of staff is that anyone testing positive has to isolate. Now they have reduced the time to 5 days but still it’s a long time for so many to be off work. Most of them likely to be asymptomatic. As the infection has exploded with in most cases mild or no symptoms this has a knock on effect on the health service because of existing rules. In the past staff unwell with a cold or flu would not be tested or asked to go home. They would wear a mask and gloves if dealing with the most vulnerable patients. As it takes three or so days before the virus shows up on a test, as these people are working and spreading before that, it seems a bit pointless for them to isolate at all. They should just wear full PPE instead if they have no symptoms. Because others are spreading it anyway.

Perhaps it doesn’t specify half an hour with a prostitute but the general gist of free entry to the brothel would indicate that something more than Gluhwein and strudel is on offer.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ……

Indeed … :+1:

You see it, I see it, but, sadly, others don’t … :slightly_frowning_face:

or … as it says at the very end …use of their gym and fitness facilities.

I suppose it goes to show just how determined some are to encourage the unvaccinated to get vaccinated.

1 Like

“gym and fitness facilities”? ! well that’s one I haven’t heard before :grin:

1 Like

Its folks themselves, the system has tried to make people who don’t care. care, and that ain’t goin to happen, eyes down look in.

It appears no one is bothered about the numbers anymore. I had to go into a retirement complex last night (with my mask on), I had to pass through the communal area, which for the past 18 months has been like a ghost town, and, about 25 residents were playing bingo, sitting in close proximity, and not a mask in sight.
Oh Well.

1 Like

That’s sad :frowning: