COVID-19: NHS chiefs warn of 'third wave' of cases amid concerns over Christmas relax

Perhaps not the best, but I like it … and it is accurate (I checked … ;-)) … :smiley:

The rates are encouraging, though … :!:

They are, and that is what matters! Hopefully one day you will be posting of no further deaths…!:smiley:

I was thinking that myself … if there’s no “surge” after Easter then I might just let this thread expire … :115:

All rates are currently (more or less) flatlining.

Excellent news :023:

All flatlining rates have fallen slightly.

Covid: More than 5m people fully vaccinated in UK

The latest figures show an additional 246,631 second doses, bringing the total to 5.2 million.

It means 9.9% of over-18s have received both injections. First doses have been given to 31.4 million people.

As the vaccination programme takes effect, daily reported deaths fell to 10, their lowest number since 14 September.

Congratulations to those involved in the highly successful vaccination program … :038:

Wow that’s something! :026:

It certainly is … :!:

Deaths rate is unchanged at its lowest for months - Cases rate has dropped dramatically to just above 2,000; Hospitalisations rate has not been updated.

Only the vaccination program could have achieved such astounding results … :!:

Absolutely! Well…judging by the general public’s behaviour, not much can be attributed to them :roll:

Deaths rate and Cases rate have risen slightly. Hospitalisations rate has not been updated.

England’s lockdown to ease as planned on 12 April

Pubs and restaurants can reopen outdoor spaces as planned next Monday, along with non-essential shops, gyms and hairdressers, as England’s lockdown is further eased, Boris Johnson has said.

Mr Johnson said the 12 April changes could go ahead due to “our collective efforts” and were “fully justified by the data which show that we’re meeting our four tests for easing the lockdown”.

He also said there was nothing in the present data to suggest the government would have to “deviate” from its planned roadmap out of lockdown.

“We’ve set out our roadmap and we’re sticking to it,” the prime minister said.

If there’s no post-Easter “surge” by April 12th then BJ’s confidence may be justified … :expressionless:

Deaths rate and Cases rate have fallenslightly. Hospitalisations rate has not been updated.

Deaths rate and Cases rate have risen slightly. Hospitalisations rate has not been updated.

That two days, Hosp Data hasn’t been updated - y’think its just due to the bank holiday?

Yes … it’s happened before … :slight_smile:

Deaths rate and Cases rate have risen slightly. Hospitalisations rate has fallen slightly.

The vaccination rate seems to be plummeting, though … :shock:

Deaths, Hospitalisations and Cases rates have all risen slightly.

The vaccination rate is still plummeting … :shock:

Not sure what you mean by that, Omah? Is the take up rate of Vaccination not going to plan?