COVID-19: NHS chiefs warn of 'third wave' of cases amid concerns over Christmas relax

The Deaths rate has fallen slightly whie the Cases rate has risen slightly … :!:

The Hospitalisations occupancy has fallen slightly.

It seems that the figures are still (more or less) flatlining.

The Deaths rate has risen slightly whie the Cases rate has fallen slightly … :!:

The Hospitalisations occupancy has fallen slightly.

It seems that the figures are still (more or less) flatlining.

No significant changes - the figures are (more or less) flatlining.

Deaths and Cases rates dramatically down. Hospitalisations occupancy unchanged.

Not shown on the illustration is Second Dose Total Vaccinations: 9,930,846 with a daily rate of 500,000 … amazing … :!:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

To say that there’s supply issues it certainly is, isn’t it?
IIRC the supply of vaccines should pick up soon so we will soon be seeing a rise in the number of daily vaccinations if all goes according to plan.
:023:

Covid: More than 10m people fully vaccinated in UK

It means more than 19% of UK adults are now fully vaccinated, while nearly 33 million people have had their first dose.

Sir Simon Stevens, chief executive of NHS England, said: “The success of the NHS vaccination programme is not a happy accident. It is down to careful planning coupled with the sheer hard work and determination of doctors, nurses and countless other staff ably assisted by volunteers and many others.”

People aged 45 and over are now being offered the vaccine in England and Scotland. In some areas of Wales 40-49 year-olds are being invited, while in Northern Ireland vaccine appointments are now being made available to a limited number of 35-39 year olds.

An amazing success for the NHS … :023:

Deaths rate down to near zero. Cases rate sharply up. Hospitalisations occupancy unchanged.

Case rates are up because loads more tests were done.
Seek and ye shall find” as it were.
:wink:
1.67 million tests vs 496 thousand the day before.
People testing before returning to school and work for a guess.

Well, no … :018:

You’re a day astray … :mrgreen:

Daily virus tests conducted

Monday 19-04-2021 1,041,368 (167,000 PCR) Cases 2,963

Sunday 18-04-2021 1,673,788 (186,000 PCR) Cases 1,882

Saturday 17-04-2021 492,826 (275,000 PCR) Cases 2,2206

PCR tests struggle to reach 250,000 (even though capacity is 650,000) while (simpler, less accurate but widely distributed) lateral flow tests make up the bulk of the rest.

However, positive lateral flow tests have to be confirmed by a PCR test within 72 hours and many are not - daily case numbers are thus not significantly affected since, predominantly, PCR positives count.

Deaths rate up. Cases rate down. Hospitalisations occupancy down.

Tut tut tut Omah!
:018:

Remember we’re discussing what was reported yesterday, not today so we are referring to data gathered Sunday 18th April.
(You can’t gather data for a day that hasn’t finished yet. :wink: )

Total virus tests conducted April 18th = 1,673,788 (as I said.)
Cases reported on 19th April you gave already: 2,963.
That is as you posted and is what I commented on.

Total virus tests conducted April 17th = 492,826 again as I said, though I supplied them rounded-off rather than exact.

Here’s the data:
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/testing

So, “loads more tests on” Sunday because “people testing before returning to school and work for a guess” … :lol:

And you are indeed wrong.

Why can’t you admit that when I have supplied both figures and evidence?
:102:
Keep up with your trying to provoke argument if you must but everybody can see what has been posted, and they can decide for themselves.
:smiley:

Of course death rates are up.
They go up every Tuesday, for the same reason which is that you can’t register deaths over weekends in the UK because register offices are closed.

You’re welcome.
:smiley:

At last you’re admitting that there were more tests done when I said!
:mini:

BTW both my son’s school and Mrs Zaphod’s work suggest they test on a Sunday.
Go figure.

There’s no surge, so … :039:

Didn’t Boris say everyone should take two lateral flow tests a week? Chemists are providing boxes of tests foc.

Has anyone compared infection rates to school holidays and found an increase in infection rates?

Not as far as I know.

The number of tests per day increased significantly early in March (but varies day-to-day) whereas the number of reported infections has continued to fall since then (again with a little day-to-day variation) and that decline in infections would appear to be pretty consistent regardless of school holidays.

If such analysis is being done it isn’t being made public and to be fair given the decline I’m not altogether sure that there’s any need when numbers are so relatively small.

Apparently I got my first post wrong! It’s NOT school holidays, but school term times - so infection rate rises when children return to school…?

I guessed as much but the same applies: rates have still been falling.

I was hoping to fly over for a xmas break but that doesn’t look like such a good idea - I am based in Oz and so far have lived in a covid free town since the start - yes hard to believe heh>>