COVID-19: Johnson says lockdown, not vaccine, is reason for drop in cases and deaths

Of course, you are free to believe BJ … :102:

… but he is a notorious liar … :roll:

I agree it is too early for the vaccine to have made much impact on the figures. After all much of the population are only getting their first jab now.

Everyone, even the vaccinated will still get ill Mart, but having being vaccinated there will be less chance of it turning into something serious. It makes no difference whether you’ve been vaccinated or not, the chances of catching Covid 19 and passing it on are the same.

If the vaccine is doing its job scot, we should see a marked decrease in hospitalisations and deaths, but not necessarily a drop in infection rates, especially once winter approaches once we start congregating indoors.

I think you might just be a teeny weeny bit biased Omah…:wink:

Inddeed … and that’s what’s happening … :slight_smile:

• ** Some reckless statements there … :shock:

Well he did lie about Brexit.

You’ve been listening the sales pitch to get everyone to have the vaccine Omah, I think I might be able to sell you a new motor…:cool:

There is a video going around (viral, been viewed 10 million times, apparently) which basically “outs” Boris’s lies he made to parliament. The guy has facts disproving everything Boris says. Now I’m not a fan of any political party right now, but surely this must undermine the publics confidence?
https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/boris-johnson-lies-viral-video-b1830732.html

I can’t read that one but here’s another link:

Boris Johnson: Liar of the land

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/the-lies-of-boris-johnson-7394440

Examples:

Johnson’s Conservative Party doctored a video of Keir Starmer, then shadow Brexit secretary, to make it look as though Starmer did not know what to say when asked about Labour’s Brexit position. In fact, Starmer answered the question, immediately and fluently.

During the 2019 election, Johnson said the government was building 40 new hospitals, that it recruited 20,000 extra police officers, that Labour’s spending plans had been costed at £1.2 trillion, that Jeremy Corbyn opposed home ownership and wanted to abolish Britain’s armed forces. Each statement was a lie.

Johnson visited a hospital and told the doctors he had given up drink, the day after he was photographed drinking whisky in a distillery, and the day before he was photographed drinking beer in a brewery. This gained him nothing. Natural liars often can’t break the habit.

and another:

The lies, falsehoods and misrepresentations of Boris Johnson and his government.

BJ and lies go together like hanky and panky … :lol:

Boris Johnson Lies dot com?
:lol:
You can’t beat a good old-fashioned impartial source.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course he lied JB, he’s a politician…:102:

Well you go down the pub without wearing a mask and mix with the vaccinated and we’ll see if you catch it Omah…:cool:
At any rate, we will soon see how effective the vaccine is against stopping the virus spreading after lockdown…Scientific report or not!

In some agreement there. If the vaccination works, those who have been jabbed won’t die or get ill enough to put figures up. It will be those who have refused the vaccination or those who mingle closely with others before they are vaccinated who will mostly do that.

I think those who have been vaccinated still need to be careful however. The virus can still be carried and passed on to those who have no immunity from it yet. Infection being done by the things we touch and on clothing if nothing else. We can hopefully be less careful when the vaccination reaches all those who might be more vulnerable to the virus.

I’m not a believer in natural immunity myself and on balance, feel it’s right to get the vaccination. If there are any side effects down the line, I’ve preferred to take my chances with that. I could be ill or dead in a few years anyway and I really don’t want to live the rest of life being isolated if I don’t have to.

Even if preferring to stay healthy through isolation, there’s always going to be random unforeseeable occasions when that isolation could be breached.

I understand your concerns Mart, and I would never try to convince anyone not to have the vaccine. We are all different and we must do what we are comfortable with to stay healthy. I hope the vaccine does everything you hope it will do, but when the figures of infection start to climb as Autumn turns into winter as they always do, just make sure that you can avoid the crowds and stay safe, vaccine or not…:023:

I will. :slight_smile: Contrary to me saying about infection being spread by touching surfaces and clothing, I was speaking to my sister yesterday who said the risk of infection via this way may not be the risk it has been thought to be. A little research on the Internet brought up these two articles. All debateable no doubt but here they are. There are others…

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00277-8

I never thought it could be spread on surfaces or clothing Mart, but I didn’t like to argue with you…:wink:

Meg,

Showing those pictures seems, to me, like some form of torture!

I banged my head against the screen!

You can argue. Like yourself, I might not be swayed but arguing is OK. :slight_smile:

I think it best to be overcautious rather than under. With this virus being such an unknown one, facts will come to light as time goes by.

I guess it was the old gut feeling you were relying on? I’m not so sure this is a good source to rely on but it might have been right as regards this. If so, the whole medical profession has been wrong and you have been right. Got to be a good feeling. :slight_smile:

Note that the articles don’t rule infection by touch out but they say the risk could be lower than thought.