Costco Can Be Annoying

I can’t speak for anyone else but Costco really ticks me off sometimes. You get used to buying a certain product and for no apparent reason it goes away and never returns. It’s a like a crapshoot whenever I go in there.

Only ever been once,that was enough for me.

1 Like

What didn’t you like about it?

Sorry for late reply Megalodon but pretty much it reminded me of the old KwikSave.

Costco is a discount warehouse. They buy products in bulk to decrease prices. When those products are sold, and they can’t get the same bulk purchase price again, they discontinue the item.

If you already have a membership, these codes might be helpful to you. Supposedly, they price code their products to identify if the products are a special deal and whether the item will be discontinued.

This one is a really favorable video, but it has a bunch of information on the price strategies Costco uses. One helpful tip is that if there’s an asterisk in the corner of the label, that item will be discontinued. Some prices show a manufacturer’s discount and some show a full price.

There are a lot of youtube videos on shopping at Costco, how to get the best deals there and how to read their pricing system. There are some channels devoted to getting the best price deals at Costco and what is on sale for the month. If you look through the channels, you might find a channel that has the products most similar to your area’s Costco.

Here’s some tips from employees of Costco.