Cost of living rising in UK

I think I would like a little red cash book :thinking: I enjoy making lists and writing things down old school style :smiley:

1 Like

Just transferred my Gas & Electric from 3 bed to 1 bed, and ended up paying over double the price for using less energy :woman_shrugging: Good job the better weather is coming in so I can be outside more. Its scary stuff
going to need that penny jar for sure! :astonished:

2 Likes

I’m sorry if that’s the impression I gave. I only intended to point out that the £20/week increase in universal credit was only a temporary measure. It was never intended to be a PERMANENT increase. Obviously, it was up to the recipient to spend the money how they wanted to, be it on food or fags, but the Government never intended for it to last beyond a certain time.

2 Likes

Yes it was made clear that it was temporary of course, but given that most recipients live hand to mouth anyway, they weren’t going to see much beyond “Oooh I get an extra twenty quid, that’ll do me, ta very much” -and just not listen to the "This will be removed again in a few months :018: " It seems particularly harsh happening in amongst other pay rises too, so maybe that’s why its a bigger deal than normal. :woman_shrugging:

Did they go Bust?

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Yes they did.

1 Like

It’s OK for the Treasury though, fancy hotels at the expense of the tax payer.

Most hotels within the city of Venice are classed as luxury even if they aren’t, Bread. If you want something less expensive than a 4 or 5* Venetian hotel you have to go way, way outside the city confines IMHO.

They didn’t have to stay there did they.

I’m not saying they did. However, from my experience, the closer you are to the meeting venue, the better it is.

True Percy, but in a time when everyone else is using Zoom and working from home, the Treasury think its OK to go off to Venice for a tax payer funded jolly.

We’re not doing too badly because there are 2 of us and we have 2 state pensions and 3 works pensions between us. We managed to squirrel away quite a lot of cash during the lockdowns. We live in a lovely over 60s independent living community and have a huge communal lounge which is lovely and warm. Most of the other occupants are single and I know a lot of them are struggling.

I just read this earlier on

I don’t understand this
it’s Iceland who is selling it at this price. This is the same Iceland where people go to get bumper packs of everything at rock bottom prices.

Usually.

Pix, what do you reckon on what happened to Murphybear? destitution perhaps? :smiley:

1 Like

Probably escaped to sunnier climes to go and find some Lurpak to sell back here for cheap. Good money in butter these days :joy:

Well, you dug him/her up, hope you’ve got a spare room. :grinning:

1 Like

I have all the room in the world for cheap Lurpak! :+1:

Or a fake Six Pack. :icon_wink:

1 Like

I’m more of a wine lady, myself :wine_glass: