Coronation Street

Thanks for reminding me that they did actually find Ricks body Boot. You were spot on, I remember that Gary and Maria treated Ricks daughter like their own, but finding out that it was Gary who killed her dad it left her no choice but to leave the street…
It’s an age thing… :disguised_face:
I had no idea that Tommy Orpington was Rick Neelans brother… :astonished:

Well, then, that is a spooky coincidence that you should have thought of Rick Neelan now, just when his Brother is reprising his role as Tommy “O” - you must be psychic! :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been called lots of things throughout my life Boot, but psychic isn’t one of them…until now… :sunglasses:

1 Like

How could they possibly think that Roy Cropper could have anything to do with that girls disappearance…?
Why are all the kids on the Coronation street such obnoxious little sods?
Max is such a devious individual…
Simon used to deal in drugs and now drives while drunk…
Dillon is a bully together with Mason…
Bethany Platt wants to further her career no matter who she hurts to do it…
Hope likes to set fire to things…
And mardy little Liza wants a clip around the ear for talking to adults in such a disrespectful way…

They’ve all had some good roll models though…

Fully agree there, Foxy.

1 Like

Haven’t watched it for years … but Roy Cropper? Never. He couldn’t fight his way out of a paper bag never mind do anything wicked.

2 Likes

I would not understand the characters, their attitudes.

1 Like

What on earth is Max Platt doing in Coronation Street? He looks like the kind of person you would have to explain a joke to with his gormless expression. He would be more suited to filling the shelves in Tesco. Whoever selected him for the role of Max needs replacing…I’m no Michael Winner but come on… :009:
What can you say about Tracey Barlow… What did she think was going to happen with Wethy County’s leading goal scorer ? Tommy Orpington can dine out on his reputation for years to come. Did Tracey think she was good enough to be a WAG? He was bound to continue working in the footballing world as a coach or manager.
Tracey might be good enough to be a pin-up on a back street retired engineer from South Yorkshire’s bedroom wall…But she’s well out of her league with Tommy O…
Come on Roy, you work in a cafe’ if that would have been me I would have said " Which one of you roughnecks wants two litres of boiling oil in your face?"

:astonished: Goodness me, OGF! not knowing the storyline, Roy would not do that.

1 Like

So Tracy Barlow’s still in it is she.
Sometimes … I’m tempted to watch an epsiode to see what it’s like now … but then good sense prevails and I resist temptation.

1 Like

I know Cinders, it would be well out of character for Roy, but those roughnecks have got no respect and threatening them with boiling oil was meant more as a deterrent and would possibly save a beating or worse…

I’m afraid I’m hooked Morty and never missed an episode. It doesn’t bear any resemblance to the street of old, plenty of agenda these days and too many scoundrels.
Tracey is looking a bit rough round the edges but comes out with some real gems occasionally. My kind of woman…
:sunglasses:

That Max is so annoying. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So we’ve got rid of Dillon back down to the smoke, pity really, I thought he was a good little actor, and honest too…And that scheming little weasel Simon (horrid boy!) is scheduled to be leaving soon…Oops sorry!.. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I wonder where the story line concerning Roy is going? It certainly makes you angry when all those loud mouths keep shouting abuse. I’ve never seen them on the street before, must be rent-a-crowd.
Craig makes me laugh… :smile: How did he manage to get into CID? He’s about as useful as a one legged man at an ar$e kicking competition. I hope our local coppers have a bit more gumption…
What can you say about Max? He was less trouble when he was part of that far right gang. Come on Daniel, give him a good kicking when nobody is watching…He’s got it in for you mate…

It’s all out in the open now…Daisy and Jenny have spent Carla’s factory money buying the Rovers, and squandering the rest on designer clothes. Carla is the new owner of the Rovers else she’ll go to the police and she’s sacked Daisy on the spot…Good riddance I say.
Poor old Dillon looks like he might retract his statement after being warned off by Mason and his hoods…
And bent builder Ed owes a Kings ransom to some obscure credit company.
Roy seems to be getting more than his fair share of verbal abuse from the knuckleheads sent by Laurens banged up Dad…Oh, and the bad news, my heart throb Tracey has done a runner and gone to live in Spain with Tommy Orpington…I thought I might have been in with a chance there…I might not play football but I’ve done a bit of running… :sunglasses:

It’s a crying shame Fox - i think you and Tracey would make a super couple!

2 Likes

In real life, actor Kate Ford (Tracey Luv) has very bad endometriosis and is taking time off to rest. You can sometimes see the pain in her face in past scenes, thinking about it. So the door is open for her to return. I have a FB friend who suffers badly from this.

2 Likes

I just looked it up Jazzi, it sounds quite serious and painful, poor lass. I wonder if the symptoms will reduce when she stops ovulating.
You don’t realise how many people can be walking around with pain and health issues and put on a brave face.

It is a horrendous condition, OGF, judging by my friend’s frequent posts. She ends up in hospital in great pain, and being deaf, she has that problem to deal with as well. She really has it bad. Sometimes we need to take a step back from our daily activities/jobs, to get better. And KF is doing just that.

1 Like

Thanks for that Jazzi, she has my sympathy…

1 Like