Cop told me I should have 'stayed in' as women diverted through pitch black Kelvingrove Park for Cop26

I was one of dozens of women told by police on Monday night to take a circuitous route home through a pitch-black park as I wasn’t allowed past a road closure in Glasgow.

After a busy day at COP26, I found myself at the wrong side of a barricade stretching the length of Argyle Street, the route taken by the leaders’ motorcades as they made their way to a slap-up dinner at Kelvingrove Museum.
It wasn’t a state of emergency, just some fat cats stuffing their faces while discussing how climate change afflicted the starving poor.
When I protested politely that the police weren’t surely suggesting I walk alone through an unlit park, where women had been sexually assaulted, he just shrugged.

• I have been hearing of many stories like this…one woman I know went without food for a whole day, being unable to get out or have food brought in. Its shocking!
3 Likes

Sadly, I am not surprised that the police believe that those who actually pay the taxes, that pay police wages are lesser beings.

1 Like

We were going face the same when a cycling event was to take place along our roads, but hard and copious public representations saw the event cancelled … Power to the People :fist:

1 Like

Why don;t they hold events like this on some remote small island in the outer hebrides. Security would be easier and they would have no distractions while the event is on.

2 Likes

They would also lack the 5 star hotels & Michelin restaurants. And probably not have sufficiently large airports to account for all the private jets.

3 Likes

At our expense being the so called hosts GRRRRR!!!

3 Likes

Pixie I can explain why the police wouldn’t allow you to take a safer route home!
A) If you were reported as missing they would know where to find your body.
B) They could take indecent photos of your body and send them to friends & Whats App…as they did with 2 other ladies who had been killed by an evil man who thought he was doing a job for Satan!

On this occasion I am sure it would have been possible to provide transport for people to get home safely! :rage:

2 Likes

Well, apparently most of the London Met are up here too, never mind our own police. You simply cannot get moving for security (according to Mr P who works in Glasgow). At a cost of at least £600 a night for most hotels round here, I do wonder who will end up paying for this. Also - as an aside…Where is Greta staying and how much is she paying? Is she getting security too despite not being invited to the event?

1 Like

I am getting to the point that I don’t want to listen to the news!
There are so many bad things happening these days , but isn’t that because there are too many people and they all think they need help?
When I was young we were taught that, if you wanted a better life, you needed to obey the law & work hard. Sadly politicians now are thinking " What is in this for me?" or “How can I make sure I win the next election?”. If they thought a bit less and worked a bit harder, many problems could have been solved much faster!

3 Likes

I agree with all that you say, Twink. I’m finding the news more and more difficult to read each day - there is so much fear mongering, greed, and bad, bad people (it seems). No wonder people are having mental health issues :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Reading this, it makes me rethink that Scotland is a safe and protected area to visit and live. Seems all over the UK current events and your government need reviewing and new requirements needed for those you looked to for guidance at one time.
Pointing fingers at the US for decades for our mistakes has crossed the pond. Royalty and PMs and stiff upper lips no longer make the immediate UK shine as it once did.
I am sorry to hear this. I am also not surprised that your citizens seem surprised at the turn around. It is a hard pill to swallow. And sad for each one of us.

3 Likes

I was going to say the same, where would Scotty park his RAAF Boeing 737 on some godforsaken island in the Arctic Circle?

He and President Macron might have had to bunk down together in a croft which would be awkward to say the least, not to mention Scotty keeping Emmanuel awake with his “hallelujah’s”, you know what these Pentecostals are like trying to convert the unworthy. You wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

2 Likes

We could have arranged a Zoom meeting and jam sandwiches for lunch :slight_smile:

1 Like

A zoom meeting chaired by Jackie Weaver. She of the infamous Handforth Parish Council Zoom meeting. would have saved many air miles & lots of unnecessary road miles. As these people never travel alone, For example Joe Bidens 24 vehicle convoy of large vehicles. None of them use small eco friendly cars.

And of course theJam would need to be locally produced to reduce the food miles.

also could we arrange for a nusery area for the poor dears afternoon naps? As many COP26 attendees seemed to be asleep for at least part of it. Joe Biden being in the UK at least had the excuse of jet lag, but Boris was photographed asleep too & minus a face mask, despite it being law to wear one in an indoors, public space in Scotland.