Conversations in your head

Have you asked them?

2 Likes

I have conversations with myself in my head a lot of the time. I can even read to myself in my head. !!! I mean - I start off reading, doze off but continue reading the book in my head. I then wake up and see if the story continuing in the book is anything like it was in my head - it isnā€™t of course (thank goodness)

1 Like

IMHO, thatā€™s weird.

Probably

1 Like

I am like Prince Charles and l talk to my plants, especially if they are near to deathā€¦ l encourage them to live!

2 Likes

Not at all, absolutely no need.

When I am in the kitchen I chat to the microwave and the fridge, in the bedroom I have long, interesting conversations with my clock radio while in the lounge I can have discussions with my computer and the vacuum cleaner. Every room contains some erudite, charming conversationalist.

I donā€™t have any need to talk to myself, that way madness lies.

2 Likes

Who and what CB? :lol:

Hi

I stopped hearing voices in my head telling me what to do when l got divorced.

1 Like

I find self-conversations or talking to various individuals either dead or alive therapeutic. I often use it as a practice run before chatting to the real person via whatever communication channel I am using at the time? It helps clarify my thoughts especially about past and ancient events in my life. A good lecturer may try the same technique on his/her new presentation. Actors must do these so often before appearing on stage as well as politicians no doubt. So Iā€™d hazard a guess it was a common human pre-further communication mode. I doubt if other animals do so though ; we are unique in this respect?

1 Like

The cows and the sheep Azz, wether or not they count? I confess chatting to the Canada geese when Iā€™m feeding them on our local pond, they are so comical although I havenā€™t had a sensible answer yet :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I talk to the dog, of course, and will ask her opinion on several things. But yes, I do have silent conversations with myself, and had to agree with Bathsheba, about potential chats with other people. I do this all the time!! However, the end result is never how I want it to be.

Howā€™s the Princess Diana decapitated rose bush doing?

I talk to myself all.the timeā€¦sometimes I even have arguments :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not only do I talk to myself sometime out loud ā€¦I talk to my dog heā€™s a very good listener.

Itā€™s an argument you are going to win anyway.

seems mainly a woman thing as almost all women suffer from verbal * Diarrhoea :roll_eyes:
waiting now for the rebuffs

I always tell my chaps that I talk to myself because Iā€™m the only sensible person in the house available to talk too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I talk to my kitchen appliances and tell them what a great job theyā€™re doing, Iā€™m convinced it keeps them going long past their sell by dateā€¦.

And I sometimes whisper to the dishwasher that itā€™s my favourite kitchen appliance but not to tell the washing machine :rofl:

sometimes i think i am the only sensible person to talk to and who really understands me 100% but then my psychologist says NO thatā€™s not really true!

2 Likes

What does she know? :rofl:

She knows the dates that sheā€™ll be eligible for parole.

2 Likes