Contactless Payments to be increased to £100

That’s what I mean @LongDriver, it’s all obstacles which are definitely not wanted when retired.
A peaceful life is what I wanted in retirement but …

Also the ‘Bots’ on here really are getting a bit much, another one this time, is this a ‘chat’ forum or is it not?:

"You’ve posted more than 20% of the replies here, is there anyone else you would like to hear from?

Share"
:roll_eyes: :upside_down_face: :grinning:

Not a good day, my apologies, rant over!
:grinning:

1 Like

Oh yes, I get those 'kin intrusive bots too, but I completely ignore all of them and carry on regardless. What puzzles me about OFF is how is it funded? Nothing is free in this life, so this OFF cannot be the exception. I keep a very tight control over all cookies and only allow the session type needed for posting, so OFF doesn’t make sense to me :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You can stop contactless payments on their mobile app…think I posted on this previously.

Feedback feedback feedback and massive complaints are what’s needed.
BUT if you want to get your own back at banks treating you so badly, try doing some bank switches for cashback. HSBC is STILL advertising £125 switch reward provided you pay in £1750 per month! The then put (Eq to £21K pa) which is stating the flipping obvious. BUT here’s the catch - they DON’T say you MUST have an annual income of £21K! So go ahead and apply online and you’ll be turned down unless you state £21K or more for an annual income. Once I got my “you don’t qualify” notification I phoned and when asked why didn’t qualify, was told my annual income isn’t enough.
I then escalated my query to an official complaint, which resulted in my complaint being upheld and given a further £250 compensation and a “thank you” for showing them the error of their ways (which they obviously haven’t learned from).
Their error was: You cannot imply a condition in a contract. It must be stated in full. Sale of Goods and Services Act / Law of Contract.

1 Like

I am now with one of our big four banks and I can’t complain about their customer service at all, their app does most things that Iwant and when it doesn’t their phone service is prompt and helpful. They will call you back if there is any delay so you never have to hang on the line.

A while back I was in a branch and I mentioned to the girl that my credit card had split (didn’t affect its use), she immediately said they would change it and sure enough a few days later a new card arrived in the post. Apparently it is a common problem with men keeping cards in their wallets.

Won’t whinge at all about my bank either.

I hate contactless payments and luckily don’t need to use them much doing most of my shopping online.

Last year when I was paying at the vets standing in a long queue of people outside, I put my card in the machine ready to add my pin and the receptionist screeched at me ‘Don’t touch the machine contactless only’’ it was very embarrassing I had never used one before.