Conservative Party Leadership Contest 2022

Whatever happens, internal all out war is likely to ensue and they’ll be playing their fiddles while Rome burns (albeit with a somewhat high fuel cap).

It’ll be worth burning at that price.

1 Like

Only going to be a couple of years anyway until the next GE.

1 Like

How many of us will there be by then, in order to make a difference? :thinking:

Weirdly, it’ll probably not be as bad as it might have been. Factions will water down the extreme policies to prevent being outvoted in parliament, and the Lords might actually help temper the worse of the ridiculous ideas sent their way.

Tory leadership hopeful Liz Truss has ruled out introducing new taxes if she becomes the UK’s next prime minister.

The foreign secretary also hinted she would look at providing further support to businesses and households with soaring energy costs.

She also ruled out energy rationing.

She was speaking at the final hustings of the leadership contest, with the winner announced next week.

They think it’s all over.

Is it still going on ?

When’s the Election for the leadership?

5th September 2022. Then mid May 2023, then October 2024… :wink:

2 Likes

I was reading an article in The Guardian about this being the final day for voting in the leadership election and about the “handover” arrangements -
I had to laugh at the wording of the final paragraph

Johnson is expected to make a farewell address outside 10 Downing Street at about 9am on Tuesday. It is not known whether he has written two versions of the speech, one based on staying, one based on leaving.”

:joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Hi

It needs to be over and positive, planned and well thought out action taken.

Today is D(oom)-Day - Dim Truss will become (the worst) PM of the UK … :090:

Any minute now!

Not a lot of non white faces in that hall.

:cold_sweat:
Expected but …
:sob:

1 Like

The Ayes have it! TheAyes have it !!
What now?? :frowning::frowning::frowning:

1 Like

@Dextrous63 , pfuk it, the tories got in again !! :-1::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::-1:

1 Like

Er, this…

1 Like

God help us, that woman will be a disaster. She chopped and changed the mind all the way through the contest. I don’t trust her one inch. :sob:

IMG_20220905_124243