Conservative Party Leadership Contest 2022

According to The Times, allegations have been made about one candidate using drugs and prostitutes with a senior Tory party source telling the Newspaper: "There are rumours being widely circulated about candidates getting involved in bondage, domination and sadomasochism, claims of inappropriate relationships and compromising explicit photographs that could be used as “kompromat.”

This is what we want … :mrgreen:

So far the list of contenders for the leadership includes:

• former equalities minister Kemi Badenoch
  • Attorney General Suella Braverman
  • newly-appointed Foreign Office Minister Rehman Chishti
  • former health secretary Jeremy Hunt
  • former health secretary Sajid Javid
  • Trade Minister Penny Mordaunt
  • Transport Secretary Grant Shapps
  • former chancellor Rishi Sunak
  • backbencher Tom Tugendhat
  • Chancellor Nadhim Zahawi

Hi

Dominic Cummins has entered the fray.

The article contains copies of tweets from Dominic…

I would like to know who is madder than Liz Truss.

1 Like

Just been reading that Swim, wonder who Cummings would like to see in no 10.

I’m thinking Penny Mordaunt sounds like she may be the best of the bunch - and she was keen on Brexit so she would appeal to those who care about that.
I saw some reports today that her chances might be scuppered with the Tory membership, though - apparently some have said she is too “woke”! -
I would take being called “woke” as a good thing but they seem to use it as something bad! :grinning: :rofl:

No one in the recent cabinet should be elected as leader of the Tory party, day after day they came out and lied to support the farce that has been a Johnson ‘non’ leadership, they could have put an end to the lame government weeks ago including when there was a vote of confidence but chose not to.
Whatever they say now is tainted with lies and I won’t believe anything that comes out of their mouths. Be gone the lot of them spinless subservient liars.

5 Likes

I understand a dossier of sleaze and misdeeds concerning those standing for party leader was handed over by a former cabinet member to a member of the labour party in a pub last week, a measure of their character underhand to the last when such things should have been reported long ago. Maybe it is the same person who allegedly caught Johnson in a compromising position in his office when he was Foreign Secretary .
Things could get very nasty in this leadership election .

Edited to add …Apologies, just realised Swimmy has posted on the same subject. My information doesn’t come from Cummings though but from other sources .

2 Likes

Hey @Meg don’t pull your punches, just tell us what you really think… :rofl:

2 Likes

At least Meg speaks the truth :joy:

This “contest” is getting so like American politics now, its pathetic…squabbling amongst themselves and not a thought for us minions trying to get by.

I’m wondering if the one to replace Johnson will have been one to remain loyal to him, with lots of sleaze being let loose, there seems a effort to discredit the disloyal ones.

The chance will come in an election .

So if Starmer were to force a no confidence vote, would the tories back Johnson or let the motion win thus triggering a possible election , what a conundrum, if Starmer is serious now’s his chance , best get a replacement in quick .

1 Like

Yes, that would be interesting to see how all those Tory MPs who have already expressed no confidence would vote in a Parliamentary no-confidence motion!

None of the above - except maybe Mordant.

1 Like

Hi

I think a No Confidence vote would be a mistake at the present time.

There is no guarantee that Labour would win and in a general election Labour have said they will not do tactical voting.

Maybe, but at least it would give the electorate an opportunity to make an attempt to cleanse the parliamentary hive. Let’s face it, the last GE was reaffirming the demand for BREXIT.

The tories are in disarray. if Labour can’t win now they never will.

It would be interesting to see the platforms on which the parties would stand, the economy could not be in worse state, who can convince they have the answer’s. That will be the ticket the next tory leader will be voted in on imo.

So is he going to ?

Oh so its the entire government who is facing this NC vote? Not just BJ. I would really welcome a General Election, just to get rid of this lot. All they are doing is fighting among themselves and not giving a stuff about us. Plus…how does this chaos look to the rest of the world - they must think we are nuts!

1 Like