Confusing Times

That’s me below :slight_smile:

You haven’t gone past that frustration yet then, finally resorting to the final stage:

Throw Pc Outside Smiley

No but Mr M goes in fear of his life

Oh no, poor man! You wouldn’t really throw him out of the window, would you?
Smiley Rolling And Laughing Smiley

Not worth it we live in a bungalow

1 Like

My last job I was the eldest employee but some way and it was me the young ones came to to sort out their PC, phone music player etc problems. They might very well be good with the software side of things but the technical not so much.

That may well be because the new technology is so ingrained in them that practicalities (often just common sense) are, unlike the older generation, not quite so prevalent because that’s how most of them had to be at their age.
:grinning:

Not all all Muddy, just coz you aren’t a fan of something don’t mean you don’t understand it.

Once upon a time there was a Machine Shop Labourer, integrated computer manufacturing systems were in the infancy but, machines were utilizing computer numeric control. The Labourer took interest in the button pressing procedure to give the machines instructions, this was noticed and, he was duly promoted to CNC Operator, meanwhile, Manufacturing Requirement Planning systems were coming on leaps and bounds, and, because senior management were dinosaurs who, didn’t like new talent impinging on their ivory towers, the instinct was always to stick with the known, and promote from within. Well, a vacancy arose within the Procurement Department for a Computer Savvy Production Planner and, the closest thing personnel (apart from the aloof folks in the IT Department) was our fellow on the CNC Machine, so, he was duly appointed. Against the backdrop of paper pushing planners, and with some not unsubstantial training, he rose to be Planning Manager, did it for a year, then left to be an MD elsewhere :smiley:
Good old fashioned business dynamics. :biking_man:

1 Like

Depends it hard to be practical with new technology as it designed for planned obsolescence ( apple ) so you can’t get into the. To change a battery or stuff like that .

Actually and I do not know about the iPad it is relatively easy to replace broken screen or battery in Android tablets at least, I have never tried a phone so couldn’t comment.

I was at that Manufacturing Company for ten years, from an IBM Mainframe, to a PC Network, in that time we got through probably five IT Managers who used the developing situation to boost their CV then bugger off into IT companies persee doing predictive search engines etc etc. :computer:

That’s lucky for Mr M then isn’t it, especially as you did not
say that’s something you wouldn’t do anyway!
:slightly_frowning_face: :thinking: :grinning:

@,Brucy, As always, you you conflate what happens in Oz with what happens
in the UK Brucy??
My post concerned the shyte that has happened in the UK over the last 40yrs !
We have those centres also, but because they are privately owned, if the
government doesn’t nhelp out the prospective trainee has to fund themselves,
and it is not cheap, the courses can last from 3mnths to 5yrs and can cost
up too about £30,000 for the longer ones !!
Consequently not many “ordinary” people can afford to take one, and
partly explains why we have a shortage of skilled people now ??
Up to now successive governments have chosen the easy option of
allowing excessive immigration to bridge the gap ??
I take your point on the incentive/ disincentive issue :grin::grin:
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

Donkeyman we do have colleges they do practical courses and they are free to anyone under 18

@Muddy, Oh, hi Muddy! I’m late on parade today, l had to cut my toenails
again, and then sort out my kindle account so had no time for my day job !!:grin:
Can you give me details of these “free” colleges and what courses they
run please ??:grin::grin:
Donkeyman!!

There are 150 courses here .
Scroll through and you find any amount including construction courses and other skills
https://bracknell.activatelearning.ac.uk/courses/?sort_by=default

https://bracknell.activatelearning.ac.uk/courses/detail/construction-and-building-crafts-open-awards-diploma-level-2/

Is anyone “On the Job” training anymore?

Edited. :smiley:

Not for under 16’s…no :018:

There are apprenticeship schemes offered by some companies but they have entrance requirements.

@Muddy , Thanks for the info Muddy, But they all omitted to tell
us what they they cost ??
My info is that a five year course can cost up to £30,000 !!!
Probably why not so many take them up ??
I do agree we have a lot of schemes, but my point is that they do not
produce enough people to satisfy the UKs needs ??
Donkeyman! :+1::+1: