Come on down - visit Australia

and this…

Not quite the grandeur of the English or the European stately homes.

I love the idea of living in a mountain.:smiley:

I dont. Suffer from claustrophobia.

Friends of mine stayed in cooper pedy and in the mountain too . The man they knew has an Opel mine they brought me back a pair of Opel earrings . The experience of staying inside the mountain was unforgettable. I would have absolutely loved it .

But if you want to see more of the country it is hard to go past:

:wink:

Is BCL you Bruce?

I love the Queensland houses .

You mean those built on stilts as a flood deterrent. Kinda unique.

Muddy did you visit this amazing place when you were in Qld?

Daintree Rainforest Facts:

[B][I]* The Daintree is believed to be over 135 million years old… making it the oldest tropical lowland rainforest on the planet.

*The rainforest is enormous - at over 1200 square kilometres in size.

*The Daintree has been officially World Heritage listed since 1988.

*It boasts some 3000 species of plants with 395 species listed as either rare or threatened.

*It is home to such rare animals and insects as the Ulysses Butterfly, the Bennets Tree Kangaroo and the huge, colorful endangered bird species, the Cassowary. [/I][/B]

Yep! Sure is.

If this does not whet your appetites to visit my country then nothing will.
https://www.tourismwhitsundays.com.au/

Wow you have an interesting life mate.

You only get one go at it.

Couldn’t agree more than some of the comments above! Aussie is a very diverse geography and the people are great as long as you can get the sense of humour :slight_smile: And while you are swanning around the Southern hemisphere you might as well pop over the Tasman to NZ. We’re a bit the same as our Aussie mates in attitude but a bit different geologically, (volcanoes, geysers and hot springs) but I’ve been here since 1952, been back 3 times but love it here.

Rangitoto volcano fumerole

We visited the Sth Island of NZ in 2002…think it was. Always telling myself I must take a look at the Nth Island too. Probably the land content costs make it prohibitive now we are seniors on a pension.

Chalk and cheese our two nations yet we are so close to each other. NZ must have chipped off from a polar land mass millions of years ago and some how found its way here.

Have to admit I have not seen anywhere near as much of Oz as what I’d wish to. I have visited all states… last being Tasmania late last year. Tropical Nth Qld and Tassie get my vote as best destinations. I keep promising myself to take a round Oz trip but never seem to have the inclination or funds now I’m retired.:frowning:

We were there last spring visiting relatives in Balclutha, beautiful country and great people, loved it… :slight_smile:

I haven’t been to Tassie for a long time but I enjoyed it very much.

moving from UK say to OZ is a quantum leap - it’s like moving from one dimension to another - eg Uk can fit into one state alone 10 times. The common lingue is english but not british english is a draw out lazy kinda drawl to fit in with the weather - politeness goes down a few notches too - we don’t mind our P’s and Q’s - she’ll be right cobber - everyone I first met said " see ya later then" and I couldn’t figure out how I was gonna see so many later and who was gonna organize it. taking in all this bigness takes time - bit the same as going to usa and travelling across their states it’s all big and challenging and different drawls of the language.

yes sure come on down but do be prepared to get swamped a bit by the bigness of it all but also the easy laid back she’ll be right mate - jest through another shrimp on the barbie - and that annoying shortening of the language all the time - then a few years later ya doin it yaself like me now. but I must admit i am exaggerating for ya benefit and the show! one of my cousins came once from uk for a hols - and i was driving her between two towns - straggle bushland more brown than green but fascinating all the same - i asked her at one point " what do you think of the oz countryside then " huh she said not very green is it " i could have pushed her out of the car!! - well dearie dearie it doesn’t have to be green wez not puttin on a show for ya!! is what was in my head!!

I was driving a campervan from Perth to albany once hr drive easy with small hamlets on the way - kept stopping to fill up with fuel - my son said why dad you’ve got plenty of petrol already - I was terrified of running out of fuel and being stranded - couldn’t happen between Perth and Albany of course but that is one of the initial fears of the newcomer - the bigness gets to ya