Come on down - visit Australia

I’ve been there, Swannie. In 2005. First stop Singapore, then onto Brisbane, to be collected by my childhood friend. I stayed with her and her husband, in Caloundra. She has moved umpteen times since and I haven’t a clue where she ended up. She can go absolute years before replying to my email, asking where the heck she is! I then flew onto Sydney for a few days. Took a train out to the Blue Mountains. Went round Sydney on the tour bus. And took a ferry over to the zoo.

Back to Singapore for another few days and home.

Very enjoyable.

I also did NZ on a separate trip, 8 years ago. Again, Singapore as stopovers.

abrasive/ rough and ready attitudes.
Go easy Donkeyman. Dont tar us all on the attitude of a small minority that you may have heard referred to as the “ugly Australians” when abroad.

Jazzi you saved on accom costs by staying with your childhood friend. I find hi accom costs deprive me visiting overseas places these days.

I dont think you read the whole post Swannie?
We also have our bad apples!

Donkeyman!

Yes there is good and bad in all races. Take the sickos that kidnap and kill children… such as Madeline McCann.

G’day all.

Mining is a huge part of the Aussie economy. We are blessed with many natural resources. One such resource is the gemstone Opal which is commonly called Australia’s own gemstone as 90% of the world’s finest quality stones are mined in South Australia.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Australian+Opal+Mines&form=RESTAB&first=1&scenario=ImageBasicHover

Opal mining towns like Coober Pedy and Lightning Ridge are unique as due to the sweltering and freezing above ground conditions many people live underground.

There are even some homes with its own swimming pools.

Never been although I have pals there… it’s the long flight that puts me off as I dislike flying

I was in Australia for six weeks earlier this year.
I have been to Australia many times and always loved it .
This time we spent time on the Sunshine Coast ( Coolam) and up in Sprinkbrook Mountain National Park
It is always beautiful in so many ways .
I feel it is my spiritual home .
My son is Australian.

Summer the Dreamliner flies non stop from UK to Perth (west coast) for between 16/18hrs. Compare that to when I flew from Sydney to London back in the 80s… 32 long hours with stopovers in Singapore and Bahrain.

I’d happily live in the mountain.

QUOTE=Swannie148;1921158]Opal mining towns like Coober Pedy and Lightning Ridge are unique as due to the sweltering and freezing above ground conditions many people live underground.

There are even some homes with its own swimming pools.
[/QUOTE]

Very touching Muddy.:smiley: Hope you come again. Does son live here or UK.

No he lives in Australia he doesn’t like the UK .
I will continue to go to Australia as long as I am able .
I hope this is for a few years yet :slight_smile:

Good on you.

A couple of “Stately Homes” would be nice, without the associated baggage of course.:wink:

You mean like thishttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a8/5d/a7/a85da7e1450c06bacf31883d2d750159.jpg.

and this…

and this…

Not quite the grandeur of the English or the European stately homes.

I love the idea of living in a mountain.:smiley: