Colorado Exposure Notifications

Colorado has come up with a new app. The way it is supposed to work is that your phone keeps track of other people’s phones you’ve come in contact with. It keeps a log for 14 days. It depends on peoples honesty. If you test positive for COVID and put it in the app, then everyone you’ve been around for the last 14 days will receive an exposure notification. No names nothing like that, just a notification that someone you were in contact with recently has tested positive. Since it depends on people entering the information themselves I don’t think it’s going to do any good. Fantastic idea though. IMHO

https://covid19.colorado.gov/Exposure-notifications

Do you think they would write to me Danny, I don’t have a smartphone…?
Something else they are making compulsory. What a mixed up world we live in these days. I hope the internet goes down soon and we’ll all be in the brown stuff. And it’s quite likely because that’s how word is getting round fast. Divide and conquer.

I think living in South Yorkshire makes a Colorado USA app pretty useless to you smartphone or not.

You might think that Danny, but it’s happening here also.
The amount of work I do for the old folk in the area who do not have a smartphone, computer or access to the inter webb is frightening. But we shouldn’t worry, either covid or the vaccines will polish them off quicktime! It will make a lot less work for me to do…

1 Like

Now you’ve hit the old bent nail squarely on the head. The more of us older folk the virus kicks into touch, the less the government will have to pay out in state pensions and other support, or is that just the old cynic in me showing through :wink:

2 Likes

Problem is all those in power are our peers and therefore in the sights as well. Unless, they secretly have a cure that they only give to those in the know. “Places finger beside nose” :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Could well be Danny coz Johnson made it through when it looked like curtains for him. I’ll put nothing past those in power.

The Australian Federal Government spent $mill on such an app at the beginning of the Covid thing, I had it on my phone until the end of last year. I think I read it only found two contacts quicker than the state contact tracers so they quietly dropped it, or rather it is still available but never mentioned any more.

The states introduced QR codes and log ins for each business and that has worked well and while you can still use it it is only compulsory for a very few venues (like Gyms).

BTW that red dot against “Recent” indicated that I forgot to check out of somewhere.