Colman’s Big Night In, Doner Kebab Seasoning Mix

Two different people have raved about Colman’s Doner Kebab Seasoning mix added to lamb mince, or beef mince.

I haven’t tried it myself as l have never ever tasted a Doner kebab!
You add the Doner Kebab seasoning powder to the minced meat. Knead it well and shape into a loaf shape, wrap in foil and place on a baking tray for 40 minutes on 200c/180 Fan/Gas 6.
When cooked, slice and place on pita bread wraps. Serve with lettuce and sliced onion.

I might give that a go. :icon_cool:

Not done anything like that in years, and when I did I used a Moroccan spice mix from an arab shop.

It’s probably a nice idea to get extra lean mince, and instead of wrapping the loaf, just place foil on top so that the fat can drain away. Just a thought.

1 Like

d00d, Thank You for posting on this thread. I just thought it would be a simple meal idea for those that don’t like cooking!

I’m sure baking it ‘bare’ would get rid of the fat, as long as it didn’t dry it out.

I think my daughter does something similar with turkey mince and a spicy Taco seasoning. She made it while we were travelling to Camerons Corner. It was done in a skillet though (we were bush camping) but it was very nice and spicy.

1 Like