Clothes I like to see

Can I make my own choice ? lol

No, not since Val Doonican died!

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Any manā€¦wearing a suit ā€¦and wearing it wellā€¦
Hold me back! I have to do a double take and admire him. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

RN, Would you hold back on a man wearing a Marvel suit like this?
Thereā€™s a man in his sixties and lives locally who wears one! (Heā€™s not the model in the pic!)

1 Like

Good grief. Someone woke up and pondered ā€œWhat shall I sew together today?ā€

1 Like

No, thatā€™s not a suit. That is an action figure costume for Halloween!

1 Like

Looks like a patchwork quilt to me. :smiley:

1 Like

Canā€™t say what it looks like to me, since Iā€™d have to flag my own post immediately afterwards if I did.

I still wear cardigans in winter, I hate it if they donā€™t have pockets.

When I was in the UK a few years ago I thought I would buy a nice cardigan from M & S because I remembered them as a cheap place to buy clothes. I was shocked to discover that a cardigan there cost as much as 5 or more cardigans here. In the end I bought no clothes in the UK it was just ridiculously expensive I suspect I had got spoiled by cheap clothes from China and India

1 Like

On a loosely related topicā€¦maybe itā€™s a partial OCD on my part but there are some materials which I simply have to try and bite to see if they ā€œsqueakā€ in a satisfactory way or not. Cardigans seem to lure me into that fabric test more than others. Am I alone with that on here,?

My only fabric test is to scrunch it up to see if it creases and hence needs ironing, if it does I donā€™t buy it. Like window cleaning I donā€™t do ironing.

Arenā€™t cardigans always wool? Mine are.

1 Like

That must have been a long time ago. M and S has never been cheap and australia is really expensive .

About 5 /6 years ago I think, also electronic goods were more expensive but food from supermarkets was cheaper, petrol was twice the cost of it here as was fast food, indeed even restaurant food was more expensive than here (though not twice the price).

One thing I forgot a big difference was transport costs, train fares in the UK were outrageous.

1 Like

All M&S clothes today are usually from Bangladesh Bruce, but still expensive.
I prefer not to wear any clothes if I can get away with itā€¦
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

On a short man, maybe, but on a well built taller chap such as Bill C here, then it looks good to me.

1 Like

I do like a big coat for those cold winter days and nights.

Obviously one cannot be considered correctly dressed without my three piece suit.
download

3 Likes

They still are!

I like men in linen jackets too. i also like to see a man in an open neck expensive-looking shirt.

When we were in an airport queue a few years ago the guy in front was wearing a black Kangol peaked cap. My OH remarked that he really liked it. That Xmas I managed to source one and bought it for him as a surprise but every time we go out he forgets to wear it!! I think heā€™s worn it about 6 times.

I also like to see men in nice footwear not scruffy old trainers. I also hate to see men wearing socks with sandals or sliders.