Closing the generation gap with dance 1st Post by Bot

Farmers storm central London on go-slow tractor protest
More than 100 tractors have rolled past the Houses of Parliament as farmers protested against what they say is a lack of support for UK food production.
Convoys with horns blaring made their way through central London’s streets to Westminster on Monday evening.
Organisers Save British Farming and Fairness for Farmers of Kent said cheap food imports and unsupportive policies were putting UK food security at risk.
The government said it put farming “at the heart of British trade”.

Just What The French, Do Protest but although Protesting against an Issue of any kind will Attract some People who will just attend to create Havoc and Violence…
https://youtu.be/ItKIFIK6F3Y?si=HjQhMXP2YVgbGXwn …France is the European Union’s leading agricultural nation and the French government is wrestling with one of the biggest crises to hit the agriculture sector in recent years. French farmers have been demonstrating against high costs in the industry, cheap imports, low salaries, the effects of the environmental transition on their sector and price pressures from the retail sector. Ross Cullen reports.

Bots First Post added here…

Yes Dianne, the farmers in France, Wales, Netherlands, Germany and a few other countries have been protesting for quite a while now. The European issue is down to the strict net zero rules imposed by the EU, at this side of the channel it’s down to a government that is keen to show the rest of the world that we are leaders in the struggle for net zero, even if it means the destruction of the UK. And the best part is…All this CO2 and net zero rubbish with not change the climate one iota… :009: It will just create poverty, protest and eventually revolution.

1 Like

That would be down to a lot of Issues I guess
…To the Farmers it’s about their Income. That is what matters to them of course…
https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN2AW2E6/#:~:text=One%20French%20farmer%20took%20his,parliamentary%20report%20in%202019%20showed.
Husband French Ancestors where nearly all Farmers of one kind or another and the History is Fascinating Alarming Unbelievable.
Of course Religion was a Key Part for many periods of time back to the late 16th and then17th Centuries and so No Religion is taught in French Public Schools since 1900…they cannot forget such a tragedy that occurred because of the carnage and the economy went pair shaped as well…same now with how the Farmers have suffered for too many a year… but the Poverty was Rife and memories do not fade with the French. High Suicide Rates for the French Farmers did you know…
So sure more outside changes have and will occur in these strange times we live in…not only about the EU if you really know these facts in this beautiful Country I live ,

1 Like

A farm influencer? Give me a break!

If you want a tough farming life do it in Oz.Floods,bush fires,rodent plagues,getting ripped off by the supermarkets,…the list goes on.

There’s no such thing as a poor farmer, they just like whinging - too hot, too cold, too dry, too wet. It’s the nature of the beast.

Farmer Giles has a legitimate reason to moan!!!

I think if you have never been a real Farmer then you do not know the life style…Yes some do very well for sure but most have a hard life…
You can presume…

They don’t moan…they have no time for moaning

Your life seems to be well away from Farmers Lives…it’s about early starts and finding dead animals birthed wrongly whilst your in need of some rest time… it’s about failed crops it’s about working 24/7 to keep your stocks in order…can go on but it’s pointless when you see such a view of Farmers lives

1 Like

Farming families looked after their animals and produced first class food from the carefully cultivated crops, they cared for the land and the nature therein. Now big conglomerates have bought out most of the family run farms, and their only concern is profit, so they use pesticides and genetically modified crops to increase yields and make more money.
They also sell off the land to big house building projects and import food that could have been supplied locally…You may disagree, but that’s what’s happening round here in this once small farming community where most of the residents worked on the land and paid taxes. So it’s not just the farmer that benefited, all the local businesses did. The butcher and the baker (don’t you dare!) and the farm shop, but now it’s going the way of the pits with closed shops, people out of work and creating mischief.

1 Like

Don’t worry Australia will sell you all the food you need. We have an FTA

If I were 20 years younger I would save you the bother of shipping it and come to live down there Bruce…

1 Like

It is often one sided with Rules coming from not just France but also the EU Policies…
Pesticides… Choping and Changing local laws is really confusing me as our Local DIY has one type of weed killer only now for sale…All the harsher and often more deadly ones have been removed from the shelves.
Other Stores they have less than before the rules came into force but still have on their shelves ones banned in the EU policies…
France itself bought in the Labbe Law back I think it was 2009…related to what can and cant be used around Cemeteries…That law was successful and extended in 2022 to private residential properties, hotels, amusement parks, and public spaces in commercial areas.
copied and pasted…

Lessons learned

• In a short period, it was possible to free public spaces from pesticide use.
  • The change received public support and did not entail a financial cost for cities and villages.
  • Staff working at cemeteries were trained to develop alternative management practices to maintain cemeteries in good conditions.
  • Introducing new plant species makes cemeteries both a reservoir for biodiversity and a public space for rest and relaxation.

|Location|France|

Timeframe 2014-2023 (ongoing)
Scale of measure National The ban on pesticide use in cemeteries is a national-level objective that all municipalities had to implement locally, first on a voluntary basis and thereafter as an obligation.
Pesticide(s) targeted The main pesticides used in cemeteries were herbicides and moss killers.
Measures implemented at the municipal level, based on a national law adopted by the National Assembly and Senate of France.
But the Farmers can and do What they desire to use…I remember some of what I read a few years ago and it was about French Government offered hand outs to those that did not use Pesticides and also kept a part of their land for wildlife…

This is a link talking of how pesticides impact Humans and the Ecosystems…

and the next link is how the Government has decided to go back on there commitment to clean up ''the land ‘’

ttps://www.france24.com/en/france/20240202-french-govt-slammed-for-putting-pesticide-phase-out-on-hold

The the EU laws are protested against as it is affecting the Farmers Incomes…Money they need like all Citizens everywhere you cant live on Love alone… but it bothers me that they are potentially killing not just the wildlife but us Humans…more illness’s relating to what goes into the earth and injected into animals for various reasons. If you eat animals your taking in more than you think and none of it is good news.
EU laws now and how it is affecting the French Farmers as of course they Protest again.

1 Like