Cleaning scratched widow screen

Over time both our cars have suffered for minor scratches on the front widow screen. Tried virtually everything out of a bottle -jar or tin nothing really worked . So decided to take the professioal route and bought one of these.

before using did research on how to and what not to and took a chance and had a go. Even Sue decided to try as well’

First careful go, following what we learnt on the interweb it seems to have done the job.
It is also ok to polish up any paint on the car with a lot larger pad

I used to do the same with yellower of fogged plastic light lenses, but for the energetic, there are hand abrading/polishing kits for very low cost.
30ml Car Headlight Restoration Set Fluid Repair Kit Plastic Light Polish Cleaner | eBay

Update
Here in the UK cars over a 3 yrs old have to have a ministry of transport (MOT) check to see if the vehicle is road worthy, and it is a strict test by an independent examiner. Slightest thing wrong and it fails and has to be put right. This can range from car body condition to tyres- brakes- exhaust emission-wiper blades and of course the condition of the front window screen. Any scratches or chips that distort or obstruct a drivers view can lead to a failure.
This last part was what we were concerned with as the modern car widow screens are made differently now( so I understand), and not so scratch resistant. Sue who mainly drives now kept saying she could see imperfections in ours. Tiny reflections depending on how the light it the screen could have meant MOT failure.
So we as I mentioned tried everything even gave thought to a replacement screen on both cars but cost was a concern. so like everything i did a bit of research on the interweb and watched videos on removing said issues. Not wanting to go “cheap” .but that is me, I decided to buy the above product for around £170. Yes expensive agreed but compared to having replacement window screens???
One worry was could we use it without doing more damage ? so back to review all it interweb videos to make sure we did it right.
Well the car passed the MOT without any problems so using this machine worked.

Now having got the tool we can sort out anymore problems like this without having to worry. Long term invesment that for us is well worth it