Clean Your Own Car?

I’ve never washed my car at a car wash, I just wash it myself, sponge and bucket, I don’t even think I’d know how to…

It’s only a car!
A means of getting from point A to B, yes I keep my car clean and well maintained but I don’t go over the top about it.
If it was a top of the range or vintage car then I suppose I would spend a lot more time on keeping it shiny. :lol:

Thats a good idea Meg, it would save me dragging the steps out, too. :smiley:

Car washing is not my scene.

I do when it’s new the novelty soon wears off :lol:

Power washer most times but sometimes go through the automatic car wash that puts wax on it and everything. Today the inside was cleaned and vacuumed. I like a clean car

You’re allowed to wash your car at home in the driveway? Illegal here as all the tar and oil residue goes straight down the drain unfiltered.

What? That’s a drag. We clean ours in our driveway. It’s legal here. :lol: Thats kind of funny

I also have a Karcher but wouldn’t use it for washing the cars at home because that is not allowed.
I take my cars to a car wash once a year and might use a self-service washing bay in between if the cars are too dirty.

I also have a bucket and a sponge and have to bring full watering cans from the back garden. To clean the top of the car I open the side doors and stand on the sills.

I can’t reach the middle of my car’s roof either but there are these wonderful things called steps or even an upturned milk crate that make you taller. It is only a couple of times a year after all.

I used to clean my dad’s car. It was my chore. I loved every minute of it. Nowadays there’s a guy who comes round and he also cleans my car. He needs the money so I’m happy to help.

Only a couple of times a year that you wash your car?:shock:
You must be related to my husband. :-p

In the past I have owned cars that I never cleaned at all. A dirty car is not something I worry about but I suppose I should say that I have lived in my house for over 40 years and I have never cleaned the windows in that time either. They are just unnecessary activities.

What? 40 years in a house and never once cleaned the windows?:shock:
Now you’re scaring me. :102:

Oh Bruce, I have to agree with Bratti…you should clean your windows. The difference will amaze you! So much LIGHT! Up and down on the inside, side to side on the outside…no streaks :smiley:

I’m with Quentin Crisp

[CENTER]https://www.quotemaster.org/images/s_ad/adc3a7a73b239e373cbd241eae7430e6.png

He also said

https://www.quotemaster.org/images/s_3c/3cf1287d96b76076e535d7fff8251485.jpg[/CENTER]

We had a gang of car cleaners living next door to me that had just moved in, I went to Sainsbury’s to have my car washed and after doing my shopping I returned, my large 4x4 was washed, polished inside and out plus tires blacked, now this is going to cost a bomb, I asked how much to the man, he replied NO CHARGE, SIR, I asked why its because you live next door to us.
For three years we had free car cleaning, great.
There was a downside to this but will tell later on.

2 Likes

One of my many jobs when I was younger was to valet cars showroom ready for a Reg Vardy franchise and I must say I was good at it. I have seen the standard of some of the mobile car cleaners and you certainly get what you pay for.

We used to get ours cleaned free as they all lived next door to us, all nine of them, only one spoke English.
Sadly they moved on.