City of York want to dissociate themselves from the Duke of York

Well I have to say I can understand the citizens of York!

2 Likes

Me too :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

I just wish the UK could get rid of the whole rotten “Royal Family” and become a republic with a written constitution.

Well i don`t blame them,hope they succeed.

2 Likes

York is my local city and I haven’t heard many folk getting aeriated about the D of Y keeping his title - let’s face it, we’ve had plenty of “royal rum uns” given that title in the past! -
Charles I and Henry VIII spring to mind - and the infamous “Grand Old Duke of York” - whether or not the nursery rhyme relates to Prince Frederick, brother of George IV, he was an old lecher with a dodgy history of his own - he was saved by MPs from criminal prosecution involving his mistress and charges of bribery / selling military commissions - I think he was stripped of his role as Commander in Chief of the British Army as a result.
These Dukes of York have all been inherited or appointed titles from the monarch, usually to the 2nd heir to the throne - and most of ‘em have been hopeless or hapless and most have come to an unpleasant end eventually!

I think the Queen’s Dad may have been a rare exception to the norm.

I think Andrew is an arrogant tosser but, to be honest, I think Rachael Maskell’s Bill has not a cat in hell’s chance of even getting through the Commons!
She presented the Bill in Parliament on Monday, 20 June - it’s been shoved on the back burner for a Second Reading on Friday 9 December 2022.

Without government backing, it is unlikely to become law.

2 Likes

Perhaps they can exile him to Balmoral and he take his trollopy ex with him.

2 Likes

Well you’ve certainly put the whole sorry saga in perspective Boot! Sadly, I suspect you are right about it not getting through Parliament. But at least the publicity will reach his ears, and that’s not a bad thing. Though I imagine he has absolutely not a shred of shame about him.

2 Likes

Well, I’m never going to feel right singing the Grand Old Duke of York again :crazy_face:

2 Likes
3 Likes

We could keep him in the public eye, and enjoy the sideways look of shame.

1 Like

Well there is a parady - Google “Prince Andrew Is A Sweaty Nonce” - it’s to the same tune ----

Shame? Him? You must be joking.

1 Like

Got a hide like a rhino.

2 Likes

William and Kate are moving to Windsor not just to be closer to The Queen but to keep an eye on Andrew.

The Queen looks very frail and confused at times.
Spare the rod, spoil the child. He must now realise that he will be superfluous once his brother becomes King, and it is quite nauseating to watch his grovelling.

1 Like

I have never understood the antagonism toward Markle and hubby but I do toward Andrew.

Having said that York is my least favourite city and they deserve being associated with him. I paid ÂŁ9 for a couple of hours parking to visit the Railway Museum. There appeared to be no free parking in the entire city.

Paying for parking is just unAustralian!

1 Like

We certainly don’t want the sleazy toad - maybe he could go and live with Hairy and MeAgain.

or king of the Australasias (?)

1 Like

Great idea d00d! He could go and live in Tasmania and be a Tasmanian Devil :096:

1 Like

Please do NOT bring those two attention seekers into the equation. I reside in Sussex and like many other residents, we loath the fact that the pair adopted Sussex for their handleđŸ€Ź.

2 Likes

Replace Andrew with someone else as Duke of York would be my preference.

2 Likes