Ciao everyone

Hello Besoeker, thank you. I lived in the city (Rome) until 5 years ago. Then I decided that I was fed up with that life and that I wanted to move to the countryside. I bought a country house and invented myself as a farmer by learning everything from scratch. I also have a bee farm. In this sense, I feel like a new farmer. But I learned above all from the old farmers I met!

1 Like

Hello Twink55, of course, what recipe that you tasted in Italy would you like to know?

Hi Giusi, I have eaten so many foods in Italy over the years & I cant remember one that I haven’t enjoyed… but I can’t remember their names! :blush:
I have visited Sardinia, Sicily, Elba , Capri, Venice, Sorrento Naples & maybe a few more places so any recipes would be good. Perhaps you could send me one that you enjoy eating, but not pasta . A typical meat stew would be good if you have one.
Thank you for offering. :smiley:

Thank you kindly Twink. You can fumble around until you get the right written word. Verbal is not so forgiving.

1 Like

How wonderful - I love bees!

I also love Italian food.

1 Like

I’m glad you are liking the country life. Like you I lived in the country and enjoyed it. I went to school then went into engineering, did a degree, and that equipped me tour the world from South Africa to the Sahara Desert and much more.

Well the most important word is Max, if you can’t call him I know you wouldn’t go home without him! :smiley:

Thank you Twink. Fortunately he is quite biddable and I just need short words. Lead, wait, cross etc.

He is lovely and you don’t need conversation to get on with him !
I talk to my cats all day, but they don’t listen they just want their ears tickled & some tasty dinners.

1 Like

I apologise for calling Giusi,Ciao,I thought that was his name…

My comment deffo not aimed at you.

1 Like

This is a my grandmother’s recipe:

Veal stew with potatoes and olives
Ingredients for 4
500g veal pulp
400g peeled potatoes
200g white wine
40g extra virgin olive oil
2 onions
black olives (taggiasche)
parsley
salt
pepper
Cut the meat and potatoes into pieces. Slice the onions and in the pressure cooker brown them for 3-4’ with the oil, then add the meat, let it brown for 3-4’, sprinkle with the wine, salt, pepper and close the lid.
Calculate 15 ’ from the whistle, then unload the steam, open and add the potatoes and 2 tablespoons of olives, check that the liquid has not dried, in the case it is necessary add little water, close and cook for another 10’.
At the end sprink chopped parsley.

Buon appetito!

2 Likes

Hello pauline3
…no problem, but “Ciao” could be a good name for a cat :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, I will try that next time my sister is here, it sounds lovely!

1 Like

How are you enjoying the forum so far?..:grinning:

Sorry, I’ve just read you are female as well, it’s funny how I associate a farmer as male, I think they mostly were, when I was growing up.

…don’t you miss it?

good, thank you :slight_smile: I’m learning a lot of idiomatic sentences!

2 Likes

Benvenuta Giusi, spero che il forum ti piaccia

3 Likes

Grazie Judd, italiano perfetto!

Hi and welcome .:slight_smile:

1 Like