Chunky, crunchy or smooth peanut butter? Which is better?

I have a juicer…? I use it for chickpeas and stuff, so I suppose nuts wouldn’t be a problem. I have some walnuts with me right now, so I will go and try that! :+1:

1 Like

I’ll take your word for it, but that doesn’t sound right at all. I must be missing something in the translation here. There’s no juice in peanuts or any nuts. :icon_confused:

1 Like

A juicer is just a small lighter blender (well, mine is anyway). It works just the same as a food processor in that it has little blades which are powered by a motor. I did have a huge bulky food processor but have no space to keep it in this place now. Does that help make more sense?

1 Like

Completely. That’s what I used also.

1 Like

This is mine…

Screenshot 2022-08-06 10.59.52 AM

I must be the only person in the world who does not like peanut butter (or faux nut equivalents!) I find peanuts hard to digest possibly because they are so high in lectins.

2 Likes

I don’t like peanut butter and can’t imagine eating it spread on bread. But I love peanuts the ones in red skins not salted.

1 Like

Reasons not to eat cashews - the most needy wholefood to harvest with a trail of misery and near slave labour worldwide. If you buy them only go for fairtrade

Monkey nuts? We used to have those as children. So much fun to crack open the shells, such a mess to clear up afterwards :slight_smile:

I’ve tried to like peanut butter I really have, even tried it the good ole American way with jam, ( ok they call it jelly), but I can’t, I just can’t, same with honey, it’s ok cooked in stuff , but I just don’t like it….

1 Like

Whole Earth Organic Crunchy, spread in on celery sticks for lunch, yum!

2 Likes

I like peanut butter for savoury cooking, bang bang chicken, Dan Dan noodles, satay sauce, that sort of stuff

Me too, Ruthio, on dipping in celery, then into some chopped nuts or seed mix

And I’m fond of a croissant with peanut butter and sliced banana and making peanut butter cups, but with nice chocolate, not Reeses

All those work well with the smooth one, so that’s what I buy, but I don’t dislike the others

1 Like

I love peanut butter. Crunchy is my favourite but I like smooth too. I could spoon it out of the jar and eat it but I don’t coz it’s so fattening.

2 Likes

When I first visited the US in the 80s I remember Reese’s being absolutely delicious. I bought some here a few years ago and they were revolting. Did the recipe change or do we have juvenile tastes that alter with age?

1 Like

What about whizzing up some bread crusts, then sprinkling it on your salad?

(or would it come out in one lump? Ah grill it!)

Oh I tried them too, absolutely disgusting. I bought them from the American shop in town so hopefully they were the genuine thing, but no, not a fan.

1 Like

I think Reeses chocolate tastes and smells like sick!

But if you make your own buttercups with some good chocolate……. Delish! :yum:

1 Like

On my peanut butter sandwich salad? :laughing:

1 Like

Just the spelling :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

Why isn’t there a “I don’t eat peanut butter” button in the poll? I feel sad, ignored and left out now just because I don’t eat it.

5 Likes