Chunky, crunchy or smooth peanut butter? Which is better?

Cake … cake … cake. I lurve cake as long as it’s not chocklit cake. Lead me to it Pix.

1 Like

I addressed you in the poll indirectly. The question was to people who eat peanut butter. You are one of the people who don’t but I remembered there are many people out there like you by not assuming everyone does. That’s why I addressed the question to only the people who do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And that’s why I felt left out :lol:

Indeed it’s not very inclusive for peanut butter phobics

1 Like

I’ll join you Percy, I also don’t eat peanut butter …. i hate the smell of it as well as the taste. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Can I join you with Percy too, Mags?
I’ve used the safe version when making dog biscuits, but don’t like it myself.

2 Likes

You certainly can Mups, we aren’t the ‘nutty’ ones! :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes! That’s my favourite brand too although I haven’t tried the organic variety yet.
I get it at B&M, it think it might still be around £2.25 a jar.

1 Like

I tried peanut butter as a child and absolutely hated it. Spent the rest of my life saying ‘oh no, not peanut butter, can’t stand it, yuck :nauseated_face:

Then a couple of years ago, doing an online shop, Mr B asked me to add some peanut butter. When it arrived, I found myself thinking ‘why don’t I like this? I love peanuts :thinking:’. So I spread a tiny bit on a cracker and tentatively took a bite. Wow, I loved it!!! And I was so annoyed that I’d spent 60 years without it - what a waste!!! :rofl:

3 Likes

I still don’t like it but my wife loves it. She used to get it from USA (she is American) but there is another supplier from Netherlands now which is a bit cheaper.

1 Like

The only peanut butter that I can’t stand is the ultra cheap budget variety.
It’s horrible and gooey, a viscous gunge.
Well worth splashing out for something decent, less is definitely more.

The Bastards!

I just noticed that my 1kg Jar is now 980gms

2 Likes

Welcome to the rest of the world Bruce. They think we don’t notice that there is 20cm of the Hetty Hoover cord missing, the extra oil in the mackerel tin (where’s the fish?), the twenty less sheets of toilet paper and I even found a strawberry flower in the fresh strawberries. I guess we have been spoilt and now we are going to have to put up or shut up. It was nice while it lasted.

1 Like

Hi

We have to live with it, Inflation is very high at the moment, they have to recover their costs.

The problem is the future, when inflation falls, prices will not, we are stuck with them.

1 Like

As we get older we don’t need so much peanut butter, will happily settle for 2% less. And considering 2% more will probably send us to an early grave, we should count ourselves lucky.

That’s an interesting thought, d00d! I’ll just carry on making as much as I need - when I need it.

I know that the poll is closed but life goes on in peanut butter world.
I can’t resist a bargain 1kilo tub of the good stuff!

Oh yeah :peanuts::+1:

1 Like

Are you still keen on the chunky? Is that a tub of chunky peanut butter?

I certainly am butterscotch, crunchy for me. This particular brand really is nice, not cheap and runny…yeuch!

1 Like

Smooth or crunchy, it is perfect for mouse traps.