Christmas Shopping done?

Whether we like it or not, Christmas is not far away now.

So how organised are you with shopping for pressies?
Do you know what you are getting people this year?
Have you actually bought anything yet?
Perhaps if you are really on the ball, and have not only bought, but wrapped everything all ready?
Or are you like a lot of men, and dash about at the last minute on Christmas Eve?

Oh . . . and don’t forget the Mistletoe. :smiley:

3 Likes

So how organised are you with shopping for pressies? If organised means everything is where it should be, then yes. Nothing is nowhere. Right where it should be! :slight_smile:
Do you know what you are getting people this year? I know who’s getting nothing! :slight_smile:
Have you actually bought anything yet? All done. In my dreams! :slight_smile:
Perhaps if you are really on the ball, and have not only bought, but wrapped everything all ready? Perhaps not! :slight_smile:
Or are you like a lot of men, and dash about at the last minute on Christmas Eve? Not a man, so not do that silly nonsense! :slight_smile:

Oh . . . and don’t forget the Mistletoe. Not on the menu! Heard not good for belly! :lol:

3 Likes

I’m a last-minuter I’m afraid, which doesn’t mean Christmas Eve, as such, but more the last week or so… I’m not really a fan of Christmas, and glad when its over. I loved it when the children were small, though, and it still had that magic about it.

1 Like

All done here, I’ve sorted mrs p,s birthday prezzie out, and I know what I’m getting her for Christmas, but the rest of its done…

1 Like

Have done most of mine, did it early cos I don’t want to go into shops when they were crowded.

Most of my Christmas shopping is done and wrapped, I am just stuck with what to get my Son in law :thinking: …… any suggestions would be welcome please!

Go easy on the mistletoe folks :mask: social distancing and all that! :grinning:

I always think I’m going to be organised nice and early, but never am. I tend to get the easy presents early on, so I’ve bought/made all my granddaughter’s presents, plus something for my 15 year old grandson. I’m making something for my two brothers and sisters-in-law which, knowing me, will be posted at the last minute :roll_eyes:

I’ve absolutely no clue what to buy for my husband, my son, my daughter-in-law, nor my younger grandson.

I would so love to return to the days of small, token gifts at Christmas, instead of this madness of desperately trying to think of something to buy people who already have everything they need. The amount of ‘unwanted gifts’ that appear on the FB selling pages in January always makes me feel so sad.

I haven’t done any .
I give my grandchildren money .
I tend not to give adults presents as you say they have everything .

All mine is done or organised.
I don’t buy many gifts these days. My DIL tells me what the children need usually nightwear but laptop covers for the older 2 this year, Masala Dabba (Indian spice tins and spices) for my cousin who is like a sister ( I lived with her family as a child) and for my son and daughter in law an air tight coffee container and various freshly roasted coffee beans that I will buy at the last moment.

I have one present & part of another, my family will get nothing except a card. What do you give to people who have everything. :grinning:
Got a couple of pen pal presents to get. Something small & easy to post, guess they’ll both get socks again. :grinning:
Not bothering with anyone else, it’s far to commercial now & I dislike Christmas anyway.

1 Like

I’m done on buying, except for my brother because I won’t see him to exchange gifts so I’m going to order some nice books delivered straight to his address from Amazon, so I’ll do that later on, so he gets them closer to Christmas.

Not wrapped anything yet, I like to do that when the Christmas tree is up, with a mince pie and a glass of Baileys!

When do you send your Christmas cards? I’ve done my Australian one but don’t usually send the rest until the second week in December

Yep, I agree with you there, Sheba.

1 Like

Yes, that’s another thing Maree, writing and posting all the cards. So many just do e.cards now, don’t they, but it’s not the same is it. I can’t stand an e.card on my mantlepiece to see as I walk by! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, I like a real Christmas card but do younger people send them much now?

I think the price of postage stamps puts a lot of people off nowadays.

Yes, that’s true. I try to hand deliver as many as possible and put cards for different members of the same family in one big envelope with one stamp so they can distribute them among themselves ( keep an eye on the weight)

Same here. I deliver all the local ones myself.
I leave some in the car too, so when I am going their way I can pop them through the door while I’m out.

This thread reminded me I had forgotten to get a friends cat her pressie.

I don’t get all my friends pets presents, but this friend was so devastated when her previous cat died, and wasnt ever going to get another, but her husband got her this cat in November about 8 years ago, and of course it padded it’s little kitten paws straight into her heart.

I was so pleased that hse had another catlet that I bought it a present that first year, and have carried on ever since.

Will rectify the omission next time I go shopping.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. A small, wrapped gift, ( that’s a surprise!) is much more in the spirit of Christmas than big expensive things or money

We have never been ready for Christmas, over the years we tried and have bought presents months before…but there has always been a last minute dash to get some presents…

One year Mrs M and myself agreed not get each other presents, well we buy/surprise each other all year with gifts… So I never bought her any Christmas presents that year, Christmas morning I felt terrible when she presented me with loads of presents, no she wasn’t upset annoyed, but I were…and we still say the same not to buy each other, but we do

This year though we just have a few on here to get presents for and I think the bulk is done :wink:

1 Like