Christmas Present from my Son

My mum did that … .she took my Tiny Tears and Sindy dolls and Action Men and gave them to the binmen as part of their Christmas tip …

My mum was worse than a kleptomaniac because when I was teenager she gave some of my clothes away too … my favourite corduroy jacket and trenchcoat and some boots.
Well you don’t wear them much she said… she’d given them to a woman she went to for psychic readings cos she felt sorry for her.
I was real peeved about that. It was nearly a case of matricide.

1 Like

Oh now, there’s a new word…

Your GillyGolly is lovely @Maver-rik :smiley: Its not racist at all :woman_shrugging:

Sure are making up for no toys now. :grinning:

No, it isn’t racist, but in those days they were just toys, it’s the stupid brigade that have made them so now. I had a Golly too & a black doll.

2 Likes

My Gollys…the one on the left is a keyring. I used it for a while, but the comments made me take it off my keys. Such a wuss :roll_eyes: :joy:

Golly Solidarity! :+1:

2 Likes

Those are nice too. We had some on our stall once at a fair & we got a lot of remarks about them. I told everyone who made remarks that originally Gollywogs were not black people they were, an animated doll in children’s fiction by Bertha Upton †1912 American writer.

1 Like

I was wondering what Mum did with little Ted I loved him so :frowning:

1 Like