Christmas lunch/dinner - what did you have?

Turkey is in oven. Have made forcemeat balls with fresh parsley from garden, chipolatas on standby, hubby is peeling potatoes and parsnips, red cabbage with apples simmering very gently. I’m going to do some sprouts and leeks in a minute.

Christmas pud on the side and brandy cream chilling. There’s also some Baileys cream sauce if we prefer.

7 for lunch today. Happy Christmas everyone. :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Sounds great. I’m going for Christmas dinner in the pub today so there’s nothing for me to do except enjoy the time with my family. Have a great day all x

2 Likes

Pretty similar here. Also smoked salmon and gammon. And some nice wine. And a bunch of family.

1 Like

Off out to a friend’s house, with her son and husband, and another lady from the coffee group.

Doing my own dinner tomorrow.

1 Like

Beef/gammon dinner for us.
Merry Christmas to all.

1 Like

Simple steak pie and mash for me. Having Christmas lunch tomorrow in pub with family.

Christmas dinner this evening around 6pm. Going to daughter & her partners house, partner cooks, we have beef, I bought it, lots of veg & Yorkshire pud. Daughter will be here any mo for lunch.

1 Like

lunch was smoke salmon sandwich followed by panettone and fruit.

roast lamb at about 6pm.

1 Like

My Christmas lunch today done myself.

IMG_0609
IMG_0615

7 Likes

Looks great Susie

1 Like

Prawns, Huzarensalade (potato salad),Eton mess (with strawberries)

1 Like

It is Boxing Day now and we are off to my son’s later for lunch.

Yesterday we had pulled beef, ribs, chicken wings (all marinated and/or spiced in some way), potato bake, various salads followed by pavlova, Ice cream, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, yougurt, Christmas pudding, Christmas cake etc.

Before this was served there were prawns, cheese board, nibblies (nuts, cheese, cracker biscuits, cabanossi etc) lots of beer, prosesso wine and gin.

Later games of Exploding Kittens and Cluedo.

A lot of fun for all, even though Christmas Day was quite cool (23°) and thunderstorms drifted in on and off. God knows how big my daughters new patio is but it kept us dry outdoors all day

We had some small hail but nothing like the Central West

Doing my own meal. On the list, but not necessarily huge portions will be

Turkey slices, half a slice pork n apple stuffing
Stuffing, stuffing & sausagemeat, sausage
Roast…potato, sweet potato, parsnip
Peas, red cabbage, carrot
Yorkie pud
Gravy & cranberry sauce

Anything left over can be used for another meal tomorrow

That’s a lot of stuff Jazzi. Are you doing it from scratch, and is it just for you!?

We had roast duck for dinner, lovely flavoursome dark meat :heart_eyes:
There’s still some left in the fridge and I strained off the excess fat which has now solidified and ready for making roast potatoes etc.

The carcass will be broken up and left on overnight in the slow cooker to make stock.

Okay, I cheated and used a couple of packets but I’m not beating myself up over it😉

Oh, had oven roasted carrots, parsnips and shallots to go with it :drooling_face:

Turkey, sage and onion stuffing that i make myself,pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, peas, cabbage and sprouts with gravy.

Christmas pudding with whipped cream and cranberry relish that I both make myself.

The boys have a Christmas dinner also but not the pudding.

Yes and yes.

3 Likes

Forgot the red cabbage. It was in the micro, ready to be heated. I will need to freeze it all now.

My lot like their traditional Christmas dinner, same every year, but I don’t mind because I love watching them scoff it

I don’t do starter but I leave out some cheese cubes, pickles and crackers they can nibble while I cook

Then it’s:

Roast Turkey
Sage and onion stuffing
Cranberry sauce
Roast potatoes
Roast parsnips
Glazed carrots
Peas
Runner beans
Sprouts
Cauliflower cheese
Lots of gravy

Christmas pud
Cream
Custard
Brandy butter

Nothing exciting or different but they’d cry if I changed it!

For us its beef,gammon,roast potatoes,carrots,peas,broccoli,yorkie puds and onion.beef gravy.

1 Like