Christmas Food

Thank you Pauline… that’s definitely a goer! :+1:

2 Likes

Wow there some cooking talent here on 50s chat .

Me I eat my favourite food and treats over the holiday I don’t care if they aren’t christmassy.
Chocolate , Guacamole , luscious peaches in brandy, a yummy tomato & mozzarella thing , nuts and crisps

2 Likes

Just marzipaned the cake

Then iced it with royal icing, nothing fancy

2 Likes

Noooo!
I hope you are joking - eating a toxic horse chestnut “conker” would put you right off your Christmas dinner!
Stick to Sweet Chestnuts - so much safer - and tastier!

1 Like

That looks amazing,Logan,:+1::+1:

1 Like

I don’t order party food. I prefer to make my own food.

I enjoy cheese and wine, biltong (beef jerky), nuts and olives, cocktail pickled onions, cocktail gherkins etc. And, lots of crisps. But that’s just snacks.

The last big Christmas dinner that I did was the last Christmas my dad spent with all of us. I made all his favourites so the menu was exhaustive to read and to cook :face_with_peeking_eye:. I think I posted the menu on another thread. I’m so glad I cooked since it was my last Christmas with my dad.

1 Like

Thank you Pauline, we start eating it on new years day and it’s so rich we have half a slice each, also it lasts longer.

1 Like

Absolutely NO! All of the food served in my house, as usual, will be bought locally as fresh and cooked to perfection before serving to all invited guests and attending family.

1 Like

I went out today and bought about 80 indian snacks and mini sausage rolls. Just heat in oven as needed.