Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Morning all, no plans for today.

Have a nice day all.

Good morning all.
Cold, overcast, and looks like rain anytime now.
I suppose it could be an usual Friday. That means lunch at Morrisons and then later dinner at my daughter’s.
I have ordered and payed for some orchid seeds on line. They are called ‘Monkey faced orchids’. They are very strange and I just hope that I will be able to get them to grow. The ready grown plants, are very expensive.

Good luck with the seeds, Emjay. Yes, orchids are expensive.

Allotment friend just phoned as I’d texted her about the planters. She has some good ideas, which I will try out. Like using plastic storage boxes with lids to hold pots for growing. I said once I get one planter assembled I will know what size to go for. I also still have the mini greenhouse, with an unusable cover, so some boxes can go on the shelves. I see another shopping spree coming up!

The local council changed from using recycling boxes to all wheely bins. So there are three boxes which we have used for planting up - some with strawberries.

1 Like

Had a right struggle putting a planter together.

Fiddly
Needs two people
Needs a lot of swearing
The screws are tiny
Everything drops out of hands onto the floor
Hands get tired and sore
And finally, do not assemble indoors where it is then a struggle to get past obstacles and corners to the back door

Might seek some help with the other one

If you assemble outside, maybe spread a sheet of plastic out as those tiny dropped screws will find the crack between the patio slabs resulting in more swearing!

1 Like

Or roll away somewhere undetectable!! :roll_eyes:

Hi Thread, Sister gets married tomorrow, but we can’t go. Came down with a spring Cold.
Tested negative for the Covid’s but don’t wanna spread germs to the Elderly Grams there. Will
Take them out to a nice dinner later this summer.

Keeping screws and stuff in a Saucer for easy retrieval is always a great plan. Magnet on screwdriver is great also.

Good morning all, was raining very early this morning, stopped now, but its very, very cold and windy outside at 6c.

Off into Town early this morning.

Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

Urgh, thanks for weather warning, Susie. Not been out the door yet, Holly in no rush.

Not sure of plans today. Rain has scuppered plans of visiting my plot, to see what is left. Lady next door has taken the hose and black storage box. I offered the buckets too but not sure if she wants those. I also wanted to sell my fruit canes but she declined. I let her take that stuff as it is less to worry about for next tenants. Or for reps to tell me off about. I think the plot is more or less empty of all that now, what I would call rubbish. My tenancy ends tomorrow. Yay!

Oh that’s a shame. Can you not still go, but keep your distance? My older sister missed out on my brother’s last wedding, as she had vertigo, or something causing it.

Good morning all.
Sunny but cold out.
As for a Saturday, same routine I expect. Wander around the mount with my daughter, and then lunch at our usual place.
She has a fox with its cubs at the bottom of her garden. She was moaning about the fox, until we saw the cubs.
The unwanted plants, (what some people call weeds), are getting taller.
I need to get the strimmer out. Yea soon when I get in the mood to do it.

Morning all.

Staying home with Holly today. I’d left her yesterday for quite some time and I have a roast to cook for lunchtime.
Will look through my seed packets, see what I have, or haven’t.
Washing is in the WM.

Good morning all.
I have adopted a bonsai plant. I don’t know much about them, so I shall have to do some research.
It is sunny here this morning, but cold out.
I still need to do more work in the garden, so I had better get on with it.

Good morning all, its sunshine and rain here at 7c degrees.
Nothing planned for the day.
Have a nice day all.

Good morning all, the sun is out but its very cold at only 4c degrees here.

Off out early to do my weekly shopping.

Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

Not sure what I’ll be up to today.

Good morning all.
Sunny but cold, but can see clouds approaching from the west.
Off to Sainsburys shortly for my main weekly shop.
Later I have an appointment with my bank, to sort things out.
I think they want me to lend them some money.

1 Like

Good morning all.
Where is you all? It’s 0840 and I feel lonely on here.
The weather here don’t look to good, there is a bit of rain in the air.
The bank meeting went well. What it was, I have made all my accounts joint with my daughter. Why? It will be easier for her to sort out in the future.
She is still having to sort out her in-laws accounts when they both died within 8 months of each other. My son-in-law is pretty useless at doing it.
Off to Sainsburys later with my daughter, when she does her shopping. Just to keep her company and use the ‘smart’ device.

Morning.

Thought I’d posted, Emjay. Holly was probably pestering me for her walk.

That is a good idea going joint with your daughter. Mum did that with me, and it made life easier. My sister died without ever making her will (even though we all kept nagging her about it), and it has been left to her children to sort out. For my sister and niece (jt executors) I have ensured they have all passwords and easy access to everything, websites and financial.

Cafe meet this morning, then maybe potter about indoors.