Chillie6's Personal Profile Pics

Thank you all for your kind comments. I haven’t done any drawing for a little while. Must try and get back to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Impressive Chillie, love the attention to detail in your drawings they must take ages to do… :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks Barry. Does take me a while, I like to get them looking right. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Your drawings are very impressive indeed. They draw the person in and make them feel that you are in the drawing. No easy feat. well done. Your garden is also lovely…

Thanks Arachne very kind words. :slightly_smiling_face:

Great drawings chillie…show us more :slight_smile:

just love those drawings

Thanks guys for those kind words.
@summer i haven’t done any drawing for a little while now. Seem to have had so much more to do since being retired. Need to find some time to get back into it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Updated to include some photos taken this morning

Sunflowers, reckon it is about as tall as me, maybe 8 foot :joy:

Most of the plants haven’t done very well this year except my begonias. These seem to be coming into their own now.

Lastly the Comos seem to be doing ok.

6 Likes

Such pretty flowers, Chillie. Of course, being 8ft tall, it’ll be a job bending down to water them…mind your back! :laughing:

1 Like

Great sunflowers, Chillie :grinning:

1 Like

What stunning drawings Chillie! Love them, fantastic detail.
I’d love to see some more :yum:

I love your drawings Chillie, especially the one that is partially painted. :+1:

Great pictures of your garden, Chillie and your drawings are amazing.

1 Like

Your flowers are beautiful and your artwork fascinating.

How long ago did you do these pictures?

How did you do your drawings? Did you photos to create a pencil sketch first and then colour pencil them?

How big are the pictures?

What inspired you to draw them?
Have you always been into painting boats & buildings?

1 Like

Lots of questions there @Bratti :grinning: which isn’t a problem.

I would guess I did those about 10 years ago. Crikey is it that long since I’ve done any drawing?

They were mostly taken from books. Yes you are right pencil sketch first, then either coloured pencil or watercolour. Picking out detail in ink some.

The smaller pictures are A4 size and the bigger A5

I liked the subject matter really, I like the shapes of boats and buildings. I am better at these than I am portraits or animals. I probably need to practice more on those. But my time seems to get taken up by other things :grinning:

3 Likes

The reason I ask is that years ago my husband let me use his computer for a while. It was a company computer that has software which would transform any photo into a pen & ink type of type of art work. This must have been at least 10 years ago. I haven’t a clue what it was called but it was some really cool software. I did wonder whether the drawings were from your own photos or whether you’d used any of this type of software in your work.

Recently I got an iPad Air to play around with my photos. I’m looking for that awesome software but haven’t quite found the right one. Anyway your pictures reminded me not only of the software but the time and effort doing this type of work takes.

Pen & ink type of artwork is work intensive. I admire your patience and determination.
I’ve done quite a bit of similar type of work. These types of pictures work really well in pyrography work. I’ve done many burnt wood plaques. They also look nice with either coloured pencils, pastel pencils or water colours. With pen and ink, any colouring has to be done before the pen & ink. They have made some very unique gifts.

For a big portion of my life, I really enjoyed this type of work. It’s super detailed but enjoyable.
Viewing your work was like a good trip down memory lane so thank you.

@Bratti no I’ve not used any computer software. They are straight pencil sketches then enhanced with pen and ink and coloured with either pencils or watercolor.

When I started drawing I bought quite a few books on various techniques. Some of the inspiration for my drawings came from them.

You are right drawings can be work intensive. The number of hours I’ve wasted and drawings that have ended up in the bin because I’ve not got them right is large.

But when it’s got right it feels really good.

I’m so pleased that my drawings have brought back good memories for you. Thanks for that :blush:

1 Like

What stunning drawings Chillie they must have taken ages , beautiful ,

Thank you muddy for your kind comments.
Did take a while, several drafts till I got them how I wanted. But worthwhile putting the effort in :slightly_smiling_face: