Cheeky cat hitches a ride

A local good news story that made me smile, I’m a sucker for animal stories it’s happy endings!

This beautiful cat was wandering the streets in Weston for weeks, following people and very friendly. They asked on local groups if it belonged to anyone and as no one recognised him they eventually caught him and took him to the vet to see if he was chipped

Turns out he was and the owners live in Wales! They were overjoyed as he’s been missing for five weeks and they’ve been searching and advertising in their home town to no avail

His owner drives to Weston once a month connected to his job so we can only presume the cat stowed away somewhere in the car, then got out and was left behind :rofl:

A happy reunion today and a long drive back to Wales!

8 Likes

That is a brilliant story , Im happy for the owners .I couldnt imagine how id feel if my dog went missing .

2 Likes

Yes, it’s horrible when they go missing, I always find those lost pet posters on trees and lampposts incredibly sad and hope they find them :frowning:

2 Likes

Ah, looks like a Siamese or Burmese, I wonder if he got any food from people.

1 Like

thats the wonder of pussy-cats, when it comes to it they can feed themselves…

2 Likes

He’s a Balinese, far too posh a cat to be roughing it on the wild side of Weston!

I think the people who spotted him fed him too

I’ll go to bed happy tonight Maree…
I’d have been gutted if that had been my cat…

1 Like

I love a happy ending…hope he was spoiled rotten when he got home

1 Like

… but has he learnt his lesson … or got a taste for adventure … :question: