Charlie gets on the Dollar Coin (soon)

The Australian Mint has announced that the King of Australia, Charlie Windsor, will appear on the Australian dollar coin before Christmas.

It is not the much talked about “Wingnut” coin specially minted to accommodate His Majesy’s royal ears but a more conventional round coin. The rest of the currency will have to wait until 2024 before receiving the royal head.

Only Queen Elizabeth has appeared on Australian decimal currency since its inception in 1966 and as coins last about 30 years she will be around for a while to come.

King Charlie will not be appearing on the $5 note (the only note with the Queen on it) causing outrage among those easily outraged like opposition leader Mr Potatohead who’s head is unlikely to appear on anything other than an old Liberal Party poster.

Hi

Unlike the late Queen I have no time for Charles.

He will not be happy that he will not be on the paper money.

1 Like

Australia invented the polymer banknote so all our money is plastic and very colourful.

Popularly known as prawn for the pink five dollar note, blue swimmer for the blue $10, lobster for the red $20, and pineapple for the yellow $50.

I don’t really know the name of the $100 because you never see them (though I think it is “watermelon”), if you offered one at a shop they would probably say, “Sorry, we don’t take cheques” or call the police.

Very funny about ‘wingnut’ coins but there could be problems with slot machines!

It’s not paper money, it’s those bloody annoying plastic things that slither and slide everywhere. A pain in the arse regardless.
Phew … I’ve been aching to get that one off my chest for ages.

Gawd bless yer swimfeeders!