Changing from Brave Browser to Firefox on my Android Device!

On my PC which I haven’t touched for over a year now, I use VIVALDI, it’s been fine and neat.

On Android, I’ve been using BRAVE for over 10 years now I’d say… However, got internet connection problems recently. A call to my provider confirmed there was a problem. They’ve fixed it but didn’t tell me what it was. Wonder!

Since about two weeks when retrieving a bookmark, the page loads but within BRAVE it just freezes, ie you can’t scroll the page at all.

I then have to clear history and get back typing the bookmarked item to view it and scroll the page.

So, someone recommended Firefox. I’ve given it a try and so far so good.

Do you use alternative browsers to get Privacy and Speed?

I was, but have recently made several other changes on both Desktop and Droids.
I realise Brave has become very popular but personally I found it frustrating to use so after more than one attempt over last year I have abandoned it completely.

I used Firefox for many years even before it became Firefox.
Like many it has undergone a multitude of changes some good, some not so.
My main reason to NOT use Firefox any more is one most people seem unaware of.
After one particular issue with it during the process of resolving the problem I came to the realisation that Firefox infiltrates much more of our computers than I’d like to see.

If you want simplicity & speed on your 'Droid I would suggest you try Via - and do have a look at the relative file size of Via - it is so tiny compared to most other browsers,

Vivaldi I found clean & pleasant to use but I’ve now long used Palemoon on desktop and recently the latest Samsung browser on my Droids.

So many browsers out there but oh so many downsides with many of them - at least we are free to choose.

1 Like

I’ve been using Firefox but have also been noting how bloated it has become. I tried Chrome but noticed how invasive that is. Google connects all its products so YouTube is affected with every Google search on Chrome or not.

It’s such a hassle to change all my bookmarks and everything else. I’m looking around but not ready to change yet.

2 Likes