CCTV captures Stourbridge junction RTC

CCTV captures Stourbridge junction crash - BBC News (video)

The driver of a red Volkswagen was waiting to turn right when a silver Audi crashed into her.

The driver of the Audi fled the scene and is now being sought by police.

A woman was taken to hospital with injuries not believed to be too serious, officers said.

A shocking incident with, amazingly, no fatalities … :scream_cat:

I hope they catch the scum driving the Audi.

What a despicable rat. He never even went to see if she was dead or alive.
Probably fiddling with his phone or summat.
Poor woman.

1 Like

“Phone” was my first thought, too - the Audi appeared to be speeding and failed to brake so the driver’s attention must have been elsewhere.

Another car and a pedestrian appeared to chase the moron who leaped from the Audi and other witnesses went to the aid of the VW driver - well done to those people … :clap:

3 Likes

Yes, that’s how I saw it, too.

Drugs, alcohol, could not give a $–t & never been taught to drive are other options for the standard of driving.

Edited to add. As a car recovery driver, myself & a colleague were recovering two cars involved in an accident at a cross road. The police were present & she was controlling traffic as we loaded the vehicles. A driver ignored the police officer & tried to drive past us & into the path of an oncoming car, hitting my colleague. His justification to the police? Whats your problem it was only a workman.

All too often now, attitude, rather than substance or distraction, are the cause of accidents.

Bloody hell, he must have been going at a fair lick to knock her car so far forward. Stolen vehicle, or a claim by the driver/owner forthcoming?

1 Like

Agreed. The passenger in the Audi took his time getting out too.

Was your colleague okay after that?

Right after the smash a land rover either picked the Audi driver up or went to apprehend him, watch it through the Landrovers brake lights came on right next to the Audi driver.

I’m not so sure about that Caricature. It looks to me like the Landy driver was trying to avoid hitting the Audi driver.