Cats not owned by me

I am not really a cat person, do prefer dogs, but several have appeared over the years, mostly strays to be adopted by my next door neighbours, who are potty about cats & cats know this & know our neighbours will give them a home.

Ginge was the first stray. An entire male & he looked it, but he was pretty gentle. He turned up shortly after the hunt kennels move from behind our back gardens & we are pretty sure they left him behind. He was not a house cat, though I think he would have liked to be, he did spend time in our Sun lounge & garden that Summer. As OH had had a hip replacement, he spent a lot of time on the lounger in the garden with Ginge lying on top of him :grinning: We didn’t feed the cat but next door did.

1 Like

Another stray, but did have an owner originally. Floyd left because they got a dog. Next door adopted him too & he was the cat I liked most out of all of them. He used to spend a lot of time in my house, because next door had 4 by then & he got undivided attention here. :grinning:
He even spent some nights sleeping on my pillow behind my head & purring constantly. He was a very cuddly cat.

1 Like

Felix was with next door at the same time as Floyd & was aproper stray, they had no idea where he came from, he just turned up one day. Again they adopted him. He came in here because Floyd did, but never stayed as long. In the photo he is at home on our settee.

3 Likes

Lovely cats, Tiffany, and - like all cats - they know where they are welcome!

3 Likes

Aw such lovely cats Tiffany. Like you, I’m more of a dog person, but grew up with cats, so have a bit of a soft spot for them.

Are you sure you and next door adopted these cats, and not the other way round? :wink:

3 Likes

@Tiffany
Nice to see them all Tiffany :smiley: you are certainly making good use of the new photograph feature…

I love cats as much as dogs but won’t have anymore because I can’t cope with the pain of having them run over :icon_sad:

2 Likes

Well, the cats certainly knew where to go & yes, a cat never has an owner only servants. :grinning:

As I said, I love posting pics & there is no means of posting albums on our profile page now, which probably means more people will look at them.:grinning:
Several people in this area have had cats run over too, I found three, sadly deceased, as well, one belonged to a neighbour, not next door though & another to a lady in the cul-de-sac that junctions into our road, which is very busy being a through road. The third, a lovely long hair ginger, little more than a kitten, just down from my house, never did find out who’s that one was, but we took it’s body to the local vet.
Luckily next doors cats all seemed very street wise.

1 Like

My Friends Cat Tanya.

2 Likes

My Cat Coco.

2 Likes

Your cat photo’s are lovely as are the cats, Susie.

Coco loves empty boxes.

3 Likes

I love Coco. I do like hairy cats. What breed is he/she?

1 Like

Tango, next doors current cat & the only one now. Also strayed came from another home, due to not getting on with the house cat. Tango stayed.
Inviting me to rub her tummy, but I know better. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

P1080017(1)

2 Likes

Here’s a cat that used to live across the street about 1/2 kilometre away. The cats father died so the cats mother moved over an hour away.
The cat ran away and found it’s way back here. Now it visits a few people and makes its rounds.

3 Likes

Not owned by me …
She offered Saber to my Husband soon after we had lost Boyze with a type of Botulism…
Her heart is 100% Animals and her Santrury is her life completely…
She is amazing…just don’t expect her to be good with people…
https://barbykeelanimalsanctuary.org/photographs/

Hi Tiffiany,

Coco is a Female Seal Pointed Ragdoll, cost us £400 at the time, she is now 18 years old.

2 Likes

“You don’t own a cat they own you”

anon.

1 Like

Yes you know the saying:

A Cat has Slaves.
A Dog has Owners.

2 Likes