Catherine, Princess of Wales having cancer treatment

Probably because there’s so much secrecy and she hasn’t been seen. Now they have released a mother’s day photo which she admits to editing herself. You have to wonder whether she had some plastic surgery that went wrong. She is a figurehead and now Charles is ill so people are speculating what has happened. I find it a bit upsetting because there are some awful memes being circulated. It seems she isn’t allowed to take time out.

Yes but it was announced after the surgery Catherine would be convalescing until this Easter…

I don’t understand the public clamour to know what is private medical details .
Let her get on with her life ….and everyone else get on with theirs , it would seem the U.K. is turning into a nation of nosy parkers

5 Likes

The press puts these things out as a distraction to bury important government policy announcements. The public lap it up like sweeties.

4 Likes

Only the numpties

She Whispered to them with wisdom.
“Never Complain–Never Explain”.!! :wink:

I don’t think the whole nation are clamouring for those private details or being that nosy or intrusive - there is always some “bitchy” gossips who delight in stirring the pot and seem not to understand that even public figures may prefer to keep some very personal things private.

I did not even know until I saw the news today that there had been any speculation or “conspiracy theories” about The Princess of Wales taking time off public duties. What part of the public announcement about Catherine’s surgery and time needed for recovery did they not understand?

It is unfortunate that The Princess of Wales chose to release a photo which had obviously been edited at a time when all this absurd and intrusive speculation about her time away from public duties is rife on social media.

Perhaps the only thing that would satisfy these “Royal Gossips” would be a family of Royal Robots, programmed to please the public, with no personal or private feelings and issues of their own to get in the way. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

They live in a very plush open prison,they have their freedom but only sort of.Very useful for any British government to use to distract the plebs and act as PR for any visiting world leader.The last queen even had to let Trump into the palace I bet they checked the silverware after that visit.

2 Likes

and fumigated the loos!

1 Like

Oh come on , they don’t have too.
It’s a lifestyle choice they could abdicate any day there are heirs a plenty and they are mega rich .
If meeting a few undesirables is the price of a fantastic state funded life there are plenty who will take it up .
Everyone is constrained and imprisoned in some way shackled to a job to earn a living with short holidays every year if you can afford them .
Unlike the royals whose actually working days are few and they are always off on holiday somewhere from a break from their arduous existence .which they call ‘duty’ and ‘service ‘ to make it sound worthy .
No tedious neighbours intruding on their walled mansions either .
Give me a break !

I wouldn’t swap places with any member of the royal family for all the tea in china.
There are several reasons for this.
I would much rather live in a nice warm semi, than a draughty, cold castle or palace.
I can imagine Charles being quite frugal with the heating - and see Camilla walking around her home wearing three layers of clothing, hat and boots.

I would rather spend a wet week in Whitby in a caravan, enjoying my solitude and freedom, rather than a so-called ‘luxury’ royal holiday in the Caribbean, where photographers are falling over each other trying to get the best close up shots of the royals, and watch their every move with the aid of a zoom lens.

I would rather have the freedom to come and go as i please, when i please, and be able to nip to Sainsbury’s for a pint of milk, without a protection officer armed with a gun, trailing me and keeping me safe from anyone intending to kidnap, murder me, or worse!

I thank god i was not born into the royal family.

6 Likes

I agree with you @Anise. I’d rather have my life than the one they live.

3 Likes

So long as we don’t have to elect some ‘Johnnie Come Lately’. As a President.
AND. All the Huff and Puff every 5yrs. The Monarchy isn’t that bad an option.

3 Likes

That is not the only option. Australia has a Governor General selected by the Parliament (in theory as a representative of the Monarch).

If Australia becomes republic I hope that will continue - perhaps a Governor General elected by a sitting of both houses of Parliament.

Why could Britain not adopt a similar system (after removing the HoL and replacing it with an elected upper house)?

No need for a popular vote, let’s face it the King and the Governor General’s only job is signing things and swearing in Ministers.

Exactly :+1:t2:
media world would have us believe us …there’s something odd going on , by turning no news into a conspiracy theory .
It’s even been speculated on this site…maybe HRH has had plastic surgery . So what who cares :wink:

3 Likes

Details of the cancer have not been disclosed, but Kensington Palace says it is confident the princess will make a full recovery.

The video statement from Catherine explains that when she had abdominal surgery in January, it was not known that there was any cancer.

“However tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment,” said the princess.

The chemotherapy treatment began in late February. The palace says it will not be sharing any further private medical information, including the type of cancer.

2 Likes

Poor woman .

1 Like

Yes poor women .
Perhaps the unpleasant need to know will stop and we can all get back to naval grazing

1 Like

Absolutely Disgusting. The way AI. & Trolls.
Have universally demonised Catharine & William. At such a distressing time for them.
A contemporary family. Poised to ultimately symbolise the Titular Monarchy. Into a respected, recognisable example, worth serving.
A Heredity obligation. That William must be considering if Worthwhile! Or indeed, the desire. To “Guff against Thunder”.
His mother Diana now Kate. Their children’s formative years.
All exposed to IT. and Media. Malicious, Artificial, Influencing ridicule.
Simply isn’t. The “Morality Freedom”, expected by any singular human.

2 Likes